ADP is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Are you empathic to client needs and working collaboratively to find the best solutions, even if they are not yours?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of software engineers to create microservice features for Hybrid cloud platform. You will write code, test code, write automated test cases and ensure timely and accurate delivery of products. No two days are alike. You will work alongside a team of intelligent and creative engineers to complete sprints identified during scrum meetings. You’ll collaborate with product owners to see their vision, and then you’ll spend your days building out that vision in new features and upgrades to our products.
To thrive in this role, you need experience developing software for clients at scale. You have exposure to a wide range of software development tools and can articulate your deep involvement in seeing a project through from start to finish. Expert-level experience with React, Redux is also helpful. Most of all, you need a problem-solving, teaching mindset. Our best engineers are creative thinkers, continually seeking new ways to help our customers work smarter, not harder. And when you do something well, you share it with others so they can learn.
As a Senior Developer, you will work closely with your team to lead and guide projects to success. You’ll have a hands-on role designing, developing, debugging, and deploying software solutions where you can leverage your expertise with code complexities. You’ll also serve as a mentor to the junior developers. In the senior role, you will balance the assigning of user stories through prioritization and consideration of the technical interests of each developer on the team. As part of our team, you’ll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what’s next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
With ADP’s mixed footprint of private datacenter assets (private cloud) and public cloud footprint, there is a need for a unified control plane to manage the hybrid cloud environment keeping security guardrails, resiliency and observability in mind. ADP’s hybrid cloud control plane is being designed and implemented using industry standard kubernetes native operator and controller framework leveraging APIs offered by ADP IaaS and public CSPs (Cloud service providers).
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about us: ADP is a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- You’ll start every day with a daily standup, working with your team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities. Our software engineers make critical design decisions and collaborate with team members in the process.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be solving tough problems such as fault tolerance, reliability, scalability, availability, throttling, queueing, and more, then working with teams in other locations one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives the next.
- You’re always learning new technologies and processes with tools such as Udemy and other training courses, conferences, and operating with a “learn as you go” approach with a willingness to figure out new ways of doing things. If you’re truly stuck on something, you can collaborate with a teammate to get it resolved quickly.
- You’re comfortable working on products with tech we haven’t used before. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution.
Bachelors degree in Technology desired; Masters preferred.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be an expert in UI development with the following:
- Solid understanding of fundamental programming concepts
- Solid understanding of testing concepts and automated testing experience using Jasmine, Jest, or similar BDD testing framework
- Angular 6+ or React experience using Typescript or ES2015+
- Familiar with Web Components (Stencil, Polymer, Angular Elements)
- Familiar with HTML5, CSS3, and SASS or LESS, Tailwind, responsive design
- Experience building web applications that interface with enterprise backend systems via REST API’s & Web Sockets
- Experience with reactive programming concepts and RxJS
- Experience with automated browser testing using Protractor, Selenium, Cypress, etc
- Experience facilitating code reviews, code quality checks
- Experience working with Product Owners to plan future work for the team
- Eagerness to experiment with new technologies and innovative ways to solve problems
- Passion for developing high quality, well tested code Experience collaborating with UX using Design Systems
- Must effectively collaborate with developers, and other relevant team members.
- Strong communication, Presentation and organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting.
- Familiar with Functional programming & Software Design Patterns.
- Familiar with working in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Familiar with micro frontends
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines
- You have 4-6 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to get to the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.