Work Location(s): Roseland, NJ, US
El Paso, TX
Director of Defensive Operations
Location: Prefer to hire at any ADP office location.
The Director of Defensive Operations will be responsible for the development, implementation, and growth of a multi-mission (data protection, fraud protection, insider threat, etc.) program to ensure strategic, tactical, and operational alignment between matrixed groups from development to deployment of functional defensive capabilities within ADP. The Director of Defensive Operations will demonstrate technical expertise and leadership in the areas of agile processes, security architecture and engineering and general defensive concepts.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Define working processes for agile-based process implementation and execution across various security driven defensive objectives
- Oversee strategic, tactical and operational planning activates in order to improve ADP’s security posture through the Defensive Operations program
- Chair meetings with key senior leadership stakeholders to define prioritization of work objectives aligned to resource availability across matrixed groups
- Develop and maintain resource tracking across the matrixed groups
- Direct all planning, standup and other meetings between stakeholders and implementation personnel
- Manage the relationship between technical process members and all stakeholders
- Work closely with key leadership to understand their defensive objectives, outcomes, and prioritization
- Maintain a high state of situational awareness regarding threats to the organization and within the related and relevant industries
- Leverage and expand the capabilities of existing processes, tools and technologies
- Regularly present to leadership the overall program status, including; progress, findings, ongoing issues, and go-forward strategy through written and oral reports
- Drive the development, implementation and monitoring of corrective actions identified by key metric analysis and risk quantification
- Produce and maintain operational documentation supporting various missions through a matrix organization
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Understand the concepts and best practices related to application lifecycle process, agile development, secure development, use of cloud, DevOps, high availability, disaster recovery, monitoring and automation, change management
- Strong understanding of the security threat landscape, to include cyber and fraud related threats
- Comfortable with grouping disparate data sets and performing data analytics in order to make strategic and tactical decisions impacting ADP globally
- Strong program and project management skills, specifically worked in a matrixed environment
- Organizational and self-directing skills — ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks to completion
- Must be highly motivated and willing to work (and learn) in a team / matrixed environment
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills
- Work well under pressure
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Information / Security Systems or other related degree or an equivalent in education and experience
- Prefer one (or more) industry certifications in Information Security and Risk Management such as CISSP, GSEC, CISA, ISO lead auditor, etc.
- 7-10 years with experience in some or all of the following security spaces; incident response, threat intelligence, threat hunting, and content development
- Lead and worked with teams in a highly visible, high impact role
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job