The Marcus Buckingham Company (TMBC), powered by ADP turns talent into performance through innovative solutions designed for team leaders. Grounded in decades of research on what drives engagement and performance in teams — our technology, coaching and education offerings help companies build more teams like their best teams.
Do you love technology?
Are you always thinking of newer, better ways of doing things?
Are you a self-starter always driving to execution?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic "yes" then please keep reading!
Our Technology Team is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to help drive the future of the StandOut product, a cloud based toolset designed to drive team leader effectiveness.
As a QA Engineer you will be involved in the entire software development process from start to finish. You will be self-directed, detail-oriented, and driven to contribute to TMBC’s reputation, growth and success. You will be the test lead for individual scrum team and drive and direct all testing efforts. Communication skills and leadership skills will be crucial in success of this role. You are not just a tester. You will be the evangelist for all things quality in agile development. You will play an intricate role in testing new features and functions, and be responsible for quantifying and improving data quality within our software.
Do the following activities make you feel STRONG?
- Collaborating with the scrum team to groom stories and participate in daily standups, sprint kick-off and retrospective meetings
- Plan and organize testing needs for the sprint stories and assign test case writing and execution to rest of the team
- Work closely with product owner and developers to review acceptance criteria and understand features from both user and backend perspective
- Lead testing efforts by everyone in the team by promoting agile methodology where development and testing happen in the same cycle
- Reviewing requirement specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test case
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activity
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Identifying, recording, thoroughly documenting and tracking bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Using existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Executing and analyzing automation test results
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Supporting production deployment of applications and performing "validation testing" during the off-hours maintenance window
- Performing load and performance tests on applications
- Performing white box and black box testing
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant professional work experience
- 3+ years working experience in software quality assurance engineering
- 3+ years of experience in executing manual and automation tests
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with automated testing tools using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with iOS and Android native mobile automation testing using Appium
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with BDD framework like cucumber preferred
- 3+ years of experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and TestNG
- 3+ years of experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- 3+ years of solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with API testing
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with performance and load testing
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- 3+ years of good development skills in object oriented languages like Java
- Serves as technical resource for automation and able to train team members with less automation experience
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Collaborates with developers to resolve issues and implement solutions
- Manages testing resources throughout the testing cycle of an assigned project
- Ensures timely completion of tasks
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience with test management tools such as Zephyr and Jira.
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with version control system such as SVN or Git.
Perks + Benefits!
Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
Top Notch Benefits Package, including:
- 401K with an up to 6% match
- Tuition Assistance
- Health + Wellness Support
- All you can snack + drink
- Casual Dress
- Super-cool Teams
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.