Work Location(s): Parsippany, NJ, US
La Palma, CA
ADP is hiring a VP of Business Development to support our MAS(Major Account Services Division. Today MAS is a $2.4 B business within ADP. The successful candidate will bring experience in identifying and developing channel and parnter strategies as well as identifying vertical opportunities for MAS. It will be critical to be an influencer with the ability to build credibility and trust with internal stakeholders as we build these channels and partnerships. Opportunity to help shape, build and evolve this critical role within the business with be essential.
- Help drive market share growth through the identification of channel (ERP, VAR, Vertical), partnership (distribution, product) and acquisition and market opportunities for ADP.
Standardize playbook for channel growth and build on strategic plan for key verticals, including identification of partners and/or product updates necessary for success.
- Research, identify and analyze potential new business opportunities sourced from both internal and external resources from within ADP and selected markets
- Build a robust pipeline of targets in partnership with Sales and across ADP
- Develop business cases and recommendations for major investments to senior management on the integrating potential partner firms/new business opportunities with ADP’s internal strategies and resources.
- Develop operational due diligence framework and procedures with industry best practices. Plan/conduct business due diligence on partner firms/New business.
- Ongoing management of ADP MAS relationships with existing strategic partners to deliver a broader range of products to ADP MAS clients
- Coordinate with all appropriate corporate and external resources (e.g. Corporate Development, Legal, Finance, target firm principals, consultants, etc.) in an effort to complete transactions in a timely and effective manner
- Lead and/or actively participate in discussions and negotiations with potential business partners, involving the principals and senior management from partner/target firms involved in potential commercial/strategic transactions.
- Ensure the successful incubation/integration of new business into existing operations from the start of the transaction process until new reporting arrangements have been finalized and working relationships established.
- Work in close partnership and alignment with business unit functions (Strategy, Finance, Service, Implementation, Legal, HR)
- Continue to stay abreast of the market, technology and competitive developments in targeted industry segments and geographic locations.
- Uncover and structure complex business problems and opportunities which are critically important to ADPs future success, with greater responsibility for managing the complete lifecycle and delivery of strategy projects as a senior analyst.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize key business, marketing and financial insights from multiple sources to develop insightful recommendations
- Deliver recommendations to senior leadership in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
- Sometimes be called on to help drive execution of recommendations in the field or business units
- Work flexibly across strategy projects covering a wide range of topics
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job