Work Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Team: Lifion – Developer Services Team
Position Title: Developer Advocate / Senior Developer Advocate
Reporting To: Manager — Developer Services Team
As part of ADP’s Lifion programme, this position is a key member of the Developer Services Team providing technical & product support for ADP’s next generation HCM platform; identifies, researches, replicates and resolves technical problems; responds to telephone calls, emails and requests for technical support; documents, tracks and monitors reported problems to ensure a timely resolution.
The Developer Services Team will play a pivotal role in assisting application developers understand the platform better, bridging business problems with technical solutions, so they can build world-class products. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background that enables them to easily interact with Platform Developers, a demonstrated ability to communicate concepts and technical know-how in the form of high-quality technical documentation and be a communication specialist.
- Handle inbound service requests or incidents via ticket system
- Monitor open and escalated tickets, providing client updates for ongoing issues
- Review and handle escalated issues from Service Desk Support, as necessary
- Escalate issues to the Application Development team, when necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and take proactive ownership and responsibility for multiple issues.
Problem Analysis & Resolution:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Conduct system/application analysis and determine root cause of problems.
- Resolve user issues by reviewing system and application information, recreating the user error and testing changes.
- Collaborate with the Application Development team to test solutions and enhancements.
- Validate application patches, releases and updates for bugs and defects.
- Provide guidance and solutions to clients concerning their issues including identifying problems, researching answers and corrective steps
- Facilitate a positive customer experience during client communications and collaborative efforts.
- Improve client references by writing and maintaining documentation (i.e. guides, KB articles and How To’s)
- Summarize resolution for each client issue for incident and problem management.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn the ADP’s HCM platform and keep up to date as it evolves
- Mentor/coach new Support team members
- Provide training on platform features, processes when necessary.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills with a demonstrated proficiency at technical problem solving/root cause analysis in order to identify issues and resolve
- Ability to work with non-technical clients to gather business requirements and technical clients to keep up to date with progress made in platform
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- At least 2 years of application, software, or web support experience
- Knowledge/experience of web development tools, scripting and SQL queries, a plus.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job