Unlock Your Career Potential: Leadership at ADP. At ADP, we’re passionate about leading the way in Human Capital Management. Through leading-edge innovation, we’re quickly changing the face of our industry and are looking for the right leaders to help us make waves. If you enjoy taking on challenges, upholding values, energizing a team, and exceeding goals, you’ll fit right in with our dedicated team, who make amazing things happen for each other and our clients every day.
ADP is hiring a Client Service Manager. In this role, the Client Service Manager will report directly to the Director-Client Service for Health Care Reform. The manager will directly lead a large complex team. Team management responsibilities include managing team base assignments, associate needs, performance management and talent development. The individual in this role will manage a book of business and complex client service functions for the ACA Health Care Reform start-up business unit. This role will support team’s performance to ensure demonstrated product expertise, effective client support (business to business), with a focus on client relationships and retention. The individual will serve as an escalation point for service-line specific questions/issues with direct responsibility to manage service needs and support clients who are utilizing our multifaceted ACA Health Compliance Solution. The business is expected to scale quickly, to $100+ million revenue, based on imminent deadlines for Healthcare Reform requirements. Clients will span the full range of ADP businesses and technology platforms, including ‘stand-alone’ clients with ERP solutions, with broadest interest expected within mid- and large-market organizations. The manager will have responsibility for building and maintaining relationships with decision makers of clients with the goal of retaining business and ensuring client satisfaction.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Manages all daily activities of a large client service team, ensuring appropriate support is delivered in an effective and timely manner while supporting a book of business
- Establishes clearly defined department and individual goals and objectives. Communicates these to associates through department meetings and performance planning.
- Has oversight of client interactions for the ACA Health Care Reform program against vision and strategic objectives
- Lead daily activities of the team to ensure that all work is completed according to scheduled deadlines with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
- Oversee the use of standard process workflows by client service team
- Track various productivity and performance standards to ensure that established levels are achieved, especially during critical activity periods
- Analyze team statistics and prepare reports for senior leadership
- Train and mentor team members and identify development needs across the team, working to coordinate additional training as needed. Determines the team’s training requirements through various methods
- Evaluate associates on performance and complete annual performance appraisals on all associates. Provides periodic performance feedback versus objectives and conducts annual performance reviews on all associates.
- Work in collaboration with associate to establish Individual Development Plans.
- Develop and administer corrective action and performance improvement plans.
- Enhanced understanding and implementation of Business Units strategic goals.
- Focus on relationship development and government rules, laws and regulations in adherence with ACA complex guidelines
- Oversees the seamless transition of clients from Implementation to both areas of Service.
- Manages relationships with a book of clients (Business to Business) and has oversight of client interactions for the ACA Health Care Reform program
- Monitors client satisfaction through client reports, key metrics, surveys and account status information.
- Follows up on client surveys (NPS) as necessary.
- Works with senior leadership to ensure that team’s client base is efficiently distributed throughout the team.
- Provides guidance around service model process, platform tools and world class service initiatives.
- Works with the team to recognize client "warning signs". Works with senior leadership to develop and implement retention strategies for any clients at risk.
- Participates in recruitment and selection efforts
- Manage escalated issues and provides direction.
- Collaborate with peers to establish best practices.
- Participate in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments and collaboration opportunities with other business units.
- May have oversight of Workforce Management to include scheduling, and succession planning
- Establish clearly defined policies and procedures for client services and/or regulatory compliance issue escalation, root cause analysis of operational issues and provide suggestions for implementation of processes to prevent future occurrences.
- Assist the business units and legal in understanding where there is organizational risks and set out proposals for improving.
- Serve as an acting backup to the Director, providing leadership, guidance and direction to team members in the absence of the Director
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and/or experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing small to large business-to-business client relationships and process or project initiatives
- At least 3 years of direct people leadership experience managing and developing a large complex team
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, client service and problem solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, focused on achieving results
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to assess team members’ performance and provide motivational support
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise and escalate to the appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Proficient in the latest web technologies and working knowledge of various operating systems
- Understanding of payroll systems and benefits practices, applications and client systems.
- Prior leadership training
- MBA or advanced degree
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.