Work Location(s): Florham Park, NJ, US
Improving our delivery pipeline is essential in meeting our business objectives and improving our customer experience. We are looking for engineers who can help us continue our journey of bringing automation, business change and a collaborative culture to our organization.
We are looking for an individual to work as part of our Systems Engineering Team in a technical Engineering capacity within the Engineering function for the SBS Payroll organization. This unique role will require knowledge in both Windows Server and Linux operating systems. The role will involve server builds and the deployment of application code for supported products, all within a multi-tiered environments. Once deployed there is a requirement to have the environments maintained and updated in accordance with the release schedule. The role involves interacting with development, test, security, engineering and hosting teams in the US, UK and India.
- Liaising with Software developers and database administrators for code packaging.
- Assisting with the engineering of the product using a combination of in-house software, scripting and content versioning software.
- Liaising with test teams to ensure deployed software is functionally sound.
- Apply Product fixes during the release process to ensure that the product is deployed in a functional state within agreed timescales.
- Assist and support multiple teams with environmental requirements.
- Liaises with the Engineering and Hosting Groups to ensure that Server builds are completed to the required standards.
- Ensuring that all environments are kept up to date with patches / service packs in line with the companies policies.
- Ability to manage and capacity planning for multiple environments.
- Ability to work off hours 1 -2 times monthly to support application patching/releases
- Develop an excellent working relationship with all Product teams.
- Experience with installing and administrating Windows servers 2012 / 2016 and associated technologies (IIS, Certificates, and Microsoft Message Queuing etc.)
- A level of experience in the installation, configuration, management and maintenance of Linux based systems in an enterprise environment
- A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2017 databases and Management Studio.
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and PowerShell.
- Good knowledge IIS 7.5 and 8.0.
- Good understanding of SSL and associate security technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic networking problems.
- Understanding of IP addressing, tracing tools, IP subnets, DNS and Wins.
- Understanding of Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Understanding of Fault Tolerance and High Availability configurations
- Good understanding of Active Directory, Security Policies, LDAP, User Account Management and roles.
- To work effectively with given structured documentation.
- Exposure to visual studio and MS Build would also be an advantage.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing subject matter.
- Comfortable dealing face to face with technical problems as well as by phone and email.
- Passionate, committed and confident in finding root causes of problems.
- Self-starter, can take direction and execute it effectively with a "can do" attitude.
- Must be able to work extra hours when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Happy to work as a team or individual depending on tasks presented.
- Able to manage priorities based on business needs and project schedules.
- Willing to learn and develop further knowledge and skills.
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent, and innovation, and we will give you an environment in which to implement your ideas.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job