At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Technology at ADP. It’s the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what’s possible in our industry.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it – for our clients and colleagues around the world.
ADP Labs. Located in Porto Alegre/Brazil, provides software development and infrastructure for world-wide ADP products, working with large scale initiatives across multiple geographies, including Brazil, United States and India. As an internationally distributed software development team, we are hiring:
Lead Software Developer
This lead software developer needs to understand and translate business needs into system scope and objectives. He will devise or modify procedures to solve problems using information systems, preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Programming: Competent at the highest technical level.
- Analysis / Design: Competent at the highest technical level. Plans work for others to meet project deadlines. Sets priorities when appropriate. Supervises the determination of specifications and existing programs. Extensive external exposure for defining specifications.
- Technical / Project Leadership: Guides and assists software developers on analysis and programming of complex software requirements. Provides technical, functional, and process guidance for complex assignments. Leads small projects of 3-6 people. Assigns associates to projects and directs their activities. Provides leadership to and review work of project team members.
- Decision Making/Judgement: Acts independently or with very limited direction. Monitored on project progress and results.
- Accountability: Errors may cause significant disruption to operations or major costs. Errors will result in major setback to project status.
- Contact (Internal & External): Interacts with other project team members, other developmental and user groups, with significant exposure to more senior management levels, both locally and internationally. Coordinates and facilitates efforts with other groups to accomplish mutual goals, e.g. system integration.
- Experience: Experience in programming/analysis positions with progressive and varied applications development and technical leadership. A seasoned software development professional, has been through the full software development life cycle multiple times.
- Communication Skills: High capacity to interact with other teams and with senior management. Capable of targeting the communication to fit the right audience. Fluent English.
- Education: BA/BS or Computer Science OR technical training equivalent OR an equivalent in education and experience required. Graduate level training (e.g. Masters/MBA) desired.
- Behavioral Competencies: Excellent team player and leader. Influences the team and the organization on the expected behaviors and motivational factors. Resilient to work under pressure. Helps the team deal with complex/difficult project scenarios while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Desired Technical Skills: Enthusiast about agile methodologies as Scrum and Test Driven Development.
o Experience in front end MVC framework such as AngularJS or React;
o Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and microservices;
o Knowledge of event sourcing and distributed message systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ);
o Experience in RESTFul API design and implementation;
o Knowledge of build tools and dependency management (gradle, maven or NPM)
o Knowledge of SQL, relational databases or other data storage solutions and ORM frameworks (SQLAlchemy, Django ORM);
o UNIX/Linux environments;
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.