What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP company, provides a cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) that is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
As the industry’s #1 FMS, WorkMarket helps some of the most well known enterprises today to organize, manage and pay every aspect of their flexible workforce — all in one platform.
We provide UI extensibility through an SDK, an enterprise-scale API, advanced algorithm-based talent discovery and management, tasks and payments workflow customization, and financial reconciliation and compliance.
For more about ADP acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. We’re looking for brilliant engineers, technologists and software developers to join us on a mission of a lifetime: to power the future of work.
From New York to Boston to Toronto — the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also has a desire to participate in architecture and/or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers a unique, startup-like experience where you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Check out our engineering blog.
Learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here.
We developed a progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of a domain driven API-first platform. Our back-end is Java-based distributed microservice architecture running in AWS.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Web Automation: WebdriverIO, Selenium, Cucumber
- Mobile Automation: Swift, Java, FastLane, Espresso
- API Automation: Custom framework built using Python, Tests written in JSON
What we are looking for?
The Quality Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for engineering the quality of all features that are developed within their scrum team, while being exposed to all facets of QA: everything from functional testing, to automated testing, to load and performance testing. The pace is fast, but comfortable, and is suited for individuals who thrive off of moving quickly without compromising effectiveness.
We are trying to push the boundaries for automation and are interested in people who are passionate about automation and all of its possibilities.
The Quality Engineer (QE) will work with their scrum team on a broad range of development projects. The QE is expected to develop a deep understanding of the team’s area of focus to help facilitate the following activities:
- Create test plans and test cases to ensure the highest level of quality for our platform
- Apply the best principles to automated test creation and architecture
- Expand our end-to-end and API automated test coverage
- Discover, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution and release
- Work with various teams (Product, Tech Ops, Engineering) to ensure success of the development life cycle and release management.
- Provide input/feedback to improve our testing frameworks
- Help research and implement potential tools and methodologies in order to improve the quality engineering process
- True passion for trying to break software, find bugs, understand their root cause and how that forces it to adapt and become something new
- Experience with API testing, testing methodologies and tools such as Postman, Runscope and other REST API clients
- Well-organized team player with spectacular communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working in agile environments
- Exposure to project management tools + QE tools (e.g. JIRA/Confluence, TestRail/Zephyr, Cucumber, Selenium/WebDriver.io, Git, or any similar tools/frameworks)
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience with a microservice architecture