Work Location(s): Mulgrave, Victoria, AU
Purpose The Technical Architect, Applications is responsible for the overall design of application changes and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements. This role works as a team member along with Product Owner, Business Systems Analysts and Application Developers to deliver the complete solution.
- Participate in requirements review and analysis.
- Produce an architectural design document to match customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Developers to produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Advise Developers on current best practice and 3rd party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document.
- Participate / assist in development of the underlying architecture components for a solution to drive reuse of shared components.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technology blueprints and roadmaps.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies.
- Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and product initiatives.
- Assist in the development of enterprise technology standards and policies.
- Review new and existing solution delivery for compliance with IT standards, policies and
- architectural plans.
- Ensure that project documentation captures significant architectural decisions.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
ADP Leadership Expectations:
- Strategy and Planning: Answers the question "Where are we going?"
- Results Accountability: Focuses on ensuring we attain objectives
- Financial Management: Applies understanding of ADP financial levers to achieve business results
- Impactful Communication: Flexes Communication methods to engage with people
- Building Talent: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
- Relationship Building: Develops internal and external relationships required for success
- Client Focus: Explicitly factors client perspective into decision making
- Outside — In Perspective: Understands and acts upon trends in the external market
- Bias for Growth: Takes bold action to strengthen business results
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in professional services or software development in a commercial software development team.
- Proven Solutions consulting experience in large enterprises.
- Experience working within a multinational organisation, with matrix reporting lines.
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
- Should have hands-on expertise in some of the following technologies: C#, ASP.NET,
- Technical Architect,Applications — ES Australia ADP and the ADP logo are registered trade marks of ADP, LLC. ‘ADP — A more human resource’ is a trade mark of ADP, LLC. Copyright © 2017 ADP, LLC. 2 Java/J2EE, including SOAP, EntityFramework, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc.), Common frameworks such as struts, spring, hibernate, etc. and Database technologies (Oracle, MS SQLServer MySQL, JDBC, SQL, stored procedures).
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Delivering software that optimises architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices.
- Experience in continuous delivery / devops model with proven outcomes.
- Demonstrating a strong commercial mindset; with proven results in delivering an enhanced customer experience, through establishing and executing best practice initiatives, tools and systems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Ideally certified in TOGAF or similar industry / technology equivalent
- Ideally certified in JAVA, .NET or other core technology platform
- Superior Communication (Written and Verbal) and Presentation
- Strategic Focus
- Stakeholder Management
- Results Accountability
- Risk Management
- Expert in multiple programming languages, especially those in use at ADP
- Expert in Application Development methodologies, frameworks and patterns
- Exceptional Design
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.