Work Location(s): Mulgrave, Victoria, AU
The Systems Reliability Engineer / Manager is responsible for availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of ADP’s technology environment. The Systems Reliability Engineer / Manager will be responsible for the delivery of innovation and automation which ensures these systems and platforms are more reliable and efficient, resulting in an Improved Client Experience. The Technology Systems Engineer / Manager will lead a small team of Systems Engineers to support these and other relevant business outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Technical
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services–from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities including system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Ensure systems designs are compliant with ADP standards including security and architecture
- Maintain services once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms such as automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Understand the coding standards of the development teams (R&D) and recommend changes towards more stability of products and applications.
- Maintain flexibility to work in different times and time zones as business needs arise
- Responsibility for supporting overall Implementation of Software & Code Implementations across environments
- Own & deliver all Migrations & Upgrades for technology stacks like AWS, JAVA etc
- Communicate with all parts of the business, including regular updates on progress of requests and outages
- Plan, design and execute migrations from traditional IT environments to cloud based services.
- Manage cloud consumption and report on same
- Assist ADP GETS Leadership in forecasting demand for cloud services.
- Work in and lead Agile / Scrum teams
- Use Jenkins, Ansible & Bitbucket, Machine Learning and Robotics Automations (preferred)
- Drive and support Docker, and setup of the Docker applications along with Kubernetes
- Maintain a strong understanding of the full end-to-end stack, including but not limited to, operating systems, load balancers, web, middleware, storage, and networking.
- Write Splunk queries and create dashboards.
- Design Continuous Integration and Delivery models to ensure delivery of new content is fully automated with pipelines that perform integration and functional testing
- Provide leadership & support for members of the technology team including career planning, coaching, project and operational support coordination and training
- Provide capability uplift for cloud services and support through coaching and mentoring incumbent team members
- Manage team rosters & ensure coverage for support
- Act as escalation point for service issues
- Any other relevant duties as required
ADP Leadership Expectations
- Strategy and Planning: Answers the question "Where are we going?"
- Results Accountability: Focuses on ensuring we attain objectives
- Financial Management: Applies understanding of ADP financial levers to achieve business results
- Impactful Communication: Flexes Communication methods to engage with people
- Building Talent: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
- Relationship Building: Develops internal and external relationships required for success
- Client Focus: Explicitly factors client perspective into decision making
- Outside — In Perspective: Understands and acts upon trends in the external market
- Bias for Growth: Takes bold action to strengthen business results
- 8+ years’ experience and competency to independently work on the most complex analyses and systems
- Proven ability to define specifications for enhancements, preferably with an interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Proven experience in successfully leading small engineering or technology infrastructure teams including coaching, goal setting, monitoring, training, operational coordination and project support
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure as a service technologies including setup, migration to and on-going support for such environments. Previous migration from traditional infrastructure to cloud based delivery models is highly desirable
- Proven working knowledge of Software Engineering including but not limited to Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, and API development in multiple languages, including Java, Python, and ShellExperience creating architecture context diagrams using Visio or similar tools.
- Base understanding of Linux, Unix and Windows Operating Systems
- Expertise needed on Jenkins, Ansible & Chef platforms to automate several application activities including but not limited to continuous integration, continuous delivery, and static analysis checks
- Good experience on the Docker, and setup of the Docker applications.
- Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with strong understanding of infrastructure (operating systems, web, middleware, and networking)
Qualifications / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or similar
- ITIL Foundation level qualification or higher
- Managing customer facing systems and all web facing applications
- Enterprise Infrastructure (full stack)
- Service Delivery
- Change Management
- Ability to take initiative and ownership on tasks & drive them independently.
- Resource coordination
- Project support
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Analysis and Reporting
- Proven systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job