Work Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Position: Software Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coding and designing UI on the web platform using ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, XML Web Services, WCF and ASP.NET Web API.
- Responsible for coding and designing Windows Forms and Windows Service applications.
- Code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
- Participate as a key member of the application development team.
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilized in product development.
- Work in a team environment with individual accountability.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on Continuous Integration and Development.
- Enhance and support our existing software solutions and develop new products based on given requirement specifications.
- Prepare and submit Project related Documentation and address Code Commenting needs.
- Routinely participate in code reviews, and other performance review activities.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Should be able to work well in a team and independently.
- Create and perform Unit Tests.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Self-motivated with excellent appreciation of technology.
- Show enthusiasm and passion for technology and be keen to learn new skills.
- Strive to continuously improve the development process.
- Take ownership of the work and contribute to an effective project team.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proficient in oral, written and verbal English.
- Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or above.
- Strong C#, ASP.NET and ADO.NET & Entity Framework
- Knowledge of XML Web Services and/or WCF and Web API
- Database development using SQL Server.
- Should be systematic & organized with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Preference will be given to skill sets on Entity Framework.
- Understanding of code versioning tools especially TFS.
- Experience in developing windows based application will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Mobile Technologies (Xamarin/Cordova), ASP.NET MVC (with Razor), Angular JS/Node JS would be an advantage.
- Development of reports using Microsoft SSRS would be a plus.
- Development of interfaces using SSIS and Web Services would also be a plus.
Desired Profile :
Experience: 2 years relevant experience
Education: UG – Any Graduate/PG – Any Specialization.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job