Work Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
ADP is hiring Infrastructure Engineer. At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Configuration Management ("CM") infrastructure – Responsible for setting up CM technology and processes. This includes analyzing what the environment needs, determining the best technology to use and implementing the selected technology/CM tools.
- Manage/Improve CM tools – Responsible for maintaining and upgrading CM tools (e.g. ChangeMan/ZMF, ChangeMan/DS, and Rev-Trac.) and establishing some level of automation. This may include integrating CM tools with other development technology.
- Manage/Troubleshoot the CM environment – Responsible for the administration of the CM tools, helping users set up workspaces, perform routine troubleshooting for users, and training users in CM technology and processes.
- Perform Builds – Responsible for the continuous building of the product release, ensuring compiler versions are up-to-date working with a build technology, establishes a build process, and continually improving the build process. Recommends, develops, and implements process involvements relative to software migration and configuration management practices.
- Package/Migrate/Install Software Releases – Responsible for migrating components that are needed to install the release across the development landscape (QA and Staging) and into production. Administers the change process of collecting, auditing, reconciling, recording, reporting and distributing project component information. Administers a final approval on assigned software configuration changes, ensuring accurate, timely, and controlled implementations.
- Partners with fellow associates/supervisors/departments; contributes and exchanges knowledge and skills to meet group needs and goals; participates in resolving issues.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Implements plans to resolve problems.
- Uses some discretion and evaluation. Participates in determining objectives of assignments. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Works under general supervision.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve objectives would result in moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Decisions influence daily operations, objectives, projects, and medium range goals.
- 3 – 5 years in a technical working environment, preferably involving change or data administration.
- Associate degree or technical school certificate in Computer Information Science or equivalent in education and experience required.
Must have direct experience in:
- Puppet (or Chef or Ansible)
- Build DSL (MSBuild or Maven or Rake or Gradle etc.)
- Nagios customisation (e.g. perl plugins)
- Jenkins (or similar)
- Containers (Docker)
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job