Work Location(s): Norfolk, VA, US
ADP is hiring a Lead Procurement Systems Analyst in our Global Procurement organization. Working under the direct supervision of the Global Procurement Manager, the Lead Procurement Systems Analyst will be the functional SME for multiple procurement systems to ADP associates.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Play an important role in implementations, working with the stakeholders to assess implementation timelines and be the SME for the procurement system from inception to completion.
- Coordinate, participate and supervise testing of procurement system functionality as required.
- Provide periodic, instructor-led, web-based training to Associates for Concur, and manage the training calendar.
- Manage the functional responsibilities of the support team to ensure appropriate workloads, schedules and coverage, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for escalated support cases originating from the level one support team regarding procurement systems.
- Provide backup coverage for all support cases submitted through the Salesforce.com case management system and triage, research, resolve or escalate cases as appropriate.
- Analyze support case and survey response trends and provide management with detailed reports on a regular basis.
- Document, track, and report on support cases to ensure timely resolutions.
- Create and maintain all support, business process documentation across systems.
- Respond to telephone calls and e-mailed inquiries for support.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Project Management or Systems Analysis required.
- 4 years of customer service experience is required.
- 4 years of computing help desk and/or procurement systems experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Online expense management systems/tools.
- Knowledge of Concur expense management system — highly desired.
- Knowledge of business/contract issues and a basic understanding of competitive product/services, technology and industry issues is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative (Microsoft Office) software required.
- General knowledge of collaboration tools such as Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft LiveMeeting, and Bomgar are desired.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, time management and follow up skills are essential to handle the high degree of interaction with ADP associates and suppliers.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and tolerance of changing business environments.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experience in creating and analyzing reports generated from systems and the ability to put the results into meaningful actions.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.