ADP has a special venture located in Chelsea- Lifion by ADP. At Lifion by ADP, we have access to the resources of a fortune 500 with the velocity of a startup. We are looking to hire a Head of People (HRBP) to focus on "re-writing the rules" and defining standards for success. The successful candidate will be a "People Partner" who can work with the team and support their efforts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to weigh in on product strategy and growth for our associates and our future.
You’ll be a champion of Lifion’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make data driven decisions that impact our people. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving associate relations issues or managing programs that help develop our people, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help them understand how people decisions are made.
You will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions while having the ability to relate and drive an engineering/technology/emerging workforce culture and redefining the way HR interacts with the business. You’ll be an integral part of the leadership team, so you’ll need to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader regarding People and Organizational topics. It’s your role to create the end-to-end People Strategy that will support associates in realizing their wildest ambitions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done. You’ll partner with a cross-functional group of subject-matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work. As part of our culture, you’ll also have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with associates to get things done on a variety of people-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our associates — including cutting edge compensation, performance and talent programs to stay ahead of our competitors in the NYC market such as Google, Amazon and several up and coming startups.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guided decision making and proactive solutions.
- Consult with Lifion’s leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change across all areas at Lifion.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Architect and help Lifion build on a great engineering culture
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
What’s different about this role?
At Lifion, we are fast paced and operate like a start-up. It is your job to ensure that the team is able to produce, while working with your colleagues throughout ADP to figure out the right way to make that happen.
Get ready to act like an owner and roll up your sleeves. Everyone is hands-on and we want you to have your own opinions. We believe integrity is everything and culture is important. We need you to be a part of that.
We are creating HR tools that can take the pain out of the product that you are a subject matter expert in. We are looking to you to provide insight and direction into our future. You will have the opportunity to partner with our leaders to help shape the future of our product.
- 8+ years of a combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, Talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Proven experience leading an organization’s HR processes and direct partnership and interaction with senior leadership.
- Must have experience partnering with technology client in a previous role.
- Start-Up experience is a huge advantage, but your out-of-the-box, progressive thinking is more important.
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.