What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket is ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform. We provide UI extension through an SDK, an enterprise-scale API, advanced algorithm-based talent discovery and management, tasks and payments workflow customization, and financial reconciliation and compliance.
For more about us, please refer to https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us in our New York, Boston and Toronto offices are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can help our clients and freelancers, and change the future of work. If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture and product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique startup mode like experience with tremendous growth opportunities.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager in New York City, NY for our Platform team that will be responsible for the priorities and focus of the team; short and long term vision for the products the team is building, and represent the team as a communicator with the rest of the technology and product organization. The Technical Product Manager will work with a team of 4-6 highly skilled software engineers who build software infrastructure and core systems that power the WorkMarket platform. The Technical Product Manager will collaborate with other Product Managers to ensure platform capabilities are leveraged. Help disrupt the world of work and make the promise of on-demand labor marketplaces a reality.
What You’ll Do
- Own, prioritize and communicate the short, medium, and long term release plan of the team
- Interface with the rest of the product and engineering organization to understand opportunities, requirements and priorities to ensure the right focus of the team
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of rolled out capabilities and iterate as needed
- Create and develop metrics (data) to evaluate the usage and success of the products you’re accountable for
- Foster adoption of new infrastructure support/systems developed by the team
- Build the WorkMarket developer / integrator portal
- Understand, partake in, and discuss the architecture/technical decisions made by the team
Who You Are
- You have several years of working experience as a software engineer OR have been in a technical product manager role for 2+ years
- You have experience with highly scalable & available backend system development, so that you can hold constructive technical discussions with our talented engineers
- You have experience in leading, formally or informally, and motivating a team
- You have experience with agile development methodology
- You are capable of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure
- You have experience leading and facilitating meetings (face to face and remote)
- You take pride in your work and take your commitments very seriously
- You have experience as an engineer/engineering leader who is looking for a new challenge; being a great technical product owner requires technical knowledge, leadership and superb communication and drive
- You like to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to build new functionality quickly
- You are a versatile team-members who can switch gears quickly
- You enjoy focusing on the big picture and would love to look at WorkMarket’s technology stack as a whole including architecture, maintainability, stability, etc.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.