WorkMarket is an ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform.
For more about us, please refer to https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us here (in New York, Boston and Toronto) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can help our clients and freelancer, and change the future of work. If you are a type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture and product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique startup mode like experience with tremendous growth opportunities.
We developed progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of domain driven API-first platform. Our backend is Java based Microservice distributed architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Software engineer or Senior Software engineer who can deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics and communication. We emphasize teamwork as a means of accomplishing our goals, an expression of our commitment building industry-leading products on modern technology.
Search is a very core part of our platform and is in many ways our secret sauce because underlying algorithms we use is the one that processes the matching algorithms between the enterprise and freelancers. This position is focused around development of search algorithms to improve our marketplace data and enable us with more data centric decision via various algorithmic solutions, including prediction model using machine learning.
This role is for someone who has experience in backend, microservice who also is very curious about data, search and improving our matching algorithms.
Thing you’ll do:
- Work across the engineering and product organizations to define and improve our search architecture
- Maintain, upgrade and improve our search infrastructure and microservice code base that supports search
- Work closely with product to help refining matching algorithms and recommendation models that we use throughout the platform.
- Work with other search engineers to develop strategies around search across our business domains in a lightweight framework that can be used throughout the platform
- Teach and mentor junior developers
What you’ll use:
- Java 8 Functional and Reactive programming
- Distributed systems – the good, bad and ugly
- Continuous Delivery
- Track record of deploying and maintaining distributed systems in production
- Knowledge of search ranking algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Data and analytics driven
- Familiarities with messaging systems such as Kafka
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.