ADP is looking for the next generation of technologists to join our summer internship program in our WorkMarket NYC office. We know you’re busy, so we’ll get right to the point.
What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket is an ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform. For more about ADP acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket.
Why should you join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us here (in New York, Boston and Toronto!) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can handle freelancer data at scale and with strong security for our customers. If you are a type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique still startup mode experience where you have a lot of opportunities to get involved.
About Our Technology
We’ve developed a progressive web application solution on the front-end which utilizes our domain-driven, API-first platform. Our back-end is based on distributed Microservice architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API-Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger (contract)
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
Things you’ll do:
We are looking for well-rounded, enthusiastic students with skills in various principles of technology. You will work on project-based assignments involving both front-end and back-end technologies, data analytics, AI, database management, quality assurance, and more. At the same time, you’ll be helping deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers.
- Spring 2019 graduate (rising senior) completing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Design, Data Analytics, or equivalent area of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking and an analytical mindset
- Strong interest and experience with the following technology principles:
- Back-end: Java, C#, Python or other object-oriented languages; Microservice, Service-oriented, or distributed service architecture
- Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, database tools, etc.
- Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Continuous Delivery/Integration
WORK LOCATION: 240 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018 – Transportation/relocation not provided.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.