WorkMarket is an ADP company that operates independently to build a SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers, by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform.
For more about of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team in order to experience our incredible level of growth together. Many of us (in New York, Boston and Toronto) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world-class platform that can help our clients and freelancers change the future of work. If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in the architecture and product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique start-up-like experience with tremendous growth opportunities.
We’ve developed a progressive web application solution on the front-end which utilizes our domain-driven, API-first platform. Our back-end is based on distributed Microservice architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API-Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger (contract)
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who can deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics, and communication. We emphasize teamwork as a means of accomplishing our goals, an expression of our commitment to building industry-leading products with modern technology.
Things you’ll do:
- To spearhead initiatives, find solutions to problems that have not already been solved and create buy-in from other team members for these initiatives.
- To be a great technical writer and communicator capable of connecting with members of the organization, who may range from highly technical to having very little technical capabilities.
- To collaborate with Product Management, Front-end Architects and Platform Architects in its full-stack capacity.
- To participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- To help the support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns — Redux preferred.
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: e.g. Node.js, Yarn/npm, webpack, Babel, Create React App, Gatsby, Next.js, Razzle, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Exposure to implementing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON and/or GraphQL APIs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, commensurate real-world software development experience, or rigorous web development program and/or bootcamp.
- Solid understanding functional programming concepts.
- Experience working with Microservices, Service-Oriented Architectures and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in automation testing specifically in BDD or TDD methodologies.
- Experience in startup or high growth technology environments.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.