WorkMarket is ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform.
For more about us, please refer to https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us here (in New York, Boston and Toronto) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can help our clients and freelancer, and change the future of work. If you are a type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture and product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique startup mode like experience with tremendous growth opportunities.
We developed progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of domain driven API-first platform. Our backend is Java based Microservice distributed architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Software engineer or Senior Software engineer who can deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics and communication. We emphasize teamwork as a means of accomplishing our goals, an expression of our commitment building industry-leading products on modern technology.
- Design and build foundational microservices
- Work with existing monolithic code to support front-end Worker Experiences (ie. mobile, desktop web)
- Design and build new web front ends (using React/Redux) for Worker Experiences
- Mentor and guide the team to build and integrate new and existing microservices/api, as well as mentoring the team to build out new web front ends for Worker Experiences
- Teach and mentor other engineers
- Define standards and patterns to ensure quality and velocity
- Monitor and respond to production issues according to SLA
- Collaborate with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- Collaborate with tech leads to sequence and deliver complex projects
- Apply privacy by design principle to protect customer data.
- Track record of deploying and maintaining complex systems in production
- Track record of using influence to lead a group of engineers to achieve architectural goals
- Experience building and supporting libraries used by multiple teams
- In depth knowledge of one or more: Java, Scala, Clojure, Python, Haskell, Lisp
- Track record of pragmatic build vs. buy vs. oss decision making
- Willingness to lead projects
What you’ll learn:
- Java 8 Functional and Reactive programming
- Distributed systems – the good, bad and ugly
- Continuous Delivery
- Information Security
- Immutable infrastructure and container based technologies
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.