WorkMarket is an ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform.
For more about us, please refer to https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us here (in New York, Boston and Toronto) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can help our clients and freelancer, and change the future of work. If you are a type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture and product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique startup mode like experience with tremendous growth opportunities.
We developed progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of domain driven API-first platform. Our backend is Java based Microservice distributed architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
Architecture – API Driven Microservice
Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger
Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
What we are looking for?
The Senior Software Engineer position is fit for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual who thrives on developing smart solutions for complex technology problems. We are looking for mid to Senior Java developers who want to build great software using modern technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace.
Things You’ll Do:
- Working in one of our scrum teams, designing and developing applications for dealing with high-volume, low-latency requests in a mission-critical system, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Exercising creative thinking and imagination to advance our business performance
- Customer Value Focused
What you will learn:
- API Lifecycle management in an enterprise SaaS context
- Distributed systems – the good, bad and ugly.
- Immutable infrastructure and container based technologies
- Information Security
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including strong working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns
- Knowledge of Web/Application service architecture, experience with Restful API
- Knowledge of designing and developing platform level components including events architectures, messaging, and caching.
- Advanced database development skills including advanced SQL (MySQL preferred), a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Experience building SaaS applications desired
- Proven track record designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Experience with agile development methodologies desired
- Preference for code and process influenced by the principles of Software Craftsmanship
- Experience with performance engineering
- Some level of understanding in application security best practices
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.