WorkMarket is an ADP company that operates independently to build SaaS platform that provides full workforce lifecycle management. We call it “Work OS”–work automation software that allows companies to automate and scale their agile workforce from W2 employees, contractors, staffing firms, and freelance/1099 workers by extending the platform capabilities or integrating their existing IT solutions to the platform.
For more about us, please refer to https://www.workmarket.com/about-us
Why you should join us?
We believe in bringing talented people (like you!) to the team and experience the incredible level of growth together. Many of us here (in New York, Boston and Toronto!) are here because we believe in the mission that we can build world class platform that can handle freelancer data at scale and with strong security for our customers. If you are a type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also wants to participate in architecture or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers very unique still startup mode experience where you have a lot of opportunities to get involved.
We developed progressive web application based on our “Single Page App” Architecture, aka “SPA”, on top of domain driven API-first platform. Our backend is Java based Microservice distributed architecture.
Our primary stacks are:
- Architecture – API Driven Microservice
- Frontend : React, Redux, Swagger
- Backend: Java 8, Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
We are looking for an experienced Architect who can deliver high quality, high value software and platform to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics and communication. As an (application) architect, you will be setting guideline on how to design, implement and operate at both the platform and architecture level as well as the code level for continuous improvements and delivery. You will be asked to develop a solid understanding of our business domain, product understanding and deep technical knowledge to deliver the solution that the engineering team can utilize based on our API first / Microservice based architecture.
Things You’ll Do
- Work across the engineering and product organizations to define and improve our application architecture
- Define and execute our process for engineers to design, deploy, and operate software at scale including settings standards for code and documentation to ensure quality and velocity
- Collaborate with tech leads to coordinate sequencing and execution of complex projects including both new features and architecture improvements
- Mentor and guide feature teams to build and integrate new and existing microservices
- Teach and mentor other developers
- Solid grasp of scaling and optimizing systems both for production reliability as well as “developer happiness”.
- Track record of deploying and maintaining distributed systems in production
- Track record of using influence to lead a group of engineers to achieve architectural goals
- Track record of pragmatic build vs. buy vs. oss decision making
- Experience building and supporting libraries used by multiple teams
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Ability to develop and maintain digital project plans and documentation
- Good strategy in deploying observability and developer experience and tooling.
- Know how to operate distributed systems in accessible and functional development environment and know the good, bad and ugly of such systems.
- Good understanding and/or experience with Continuous Delivery
- Good understanding and/or experience with Information Security
- Good understanding and/or experience with Immutable infrastructure and container based technologies
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.