Unlock Your Career Potential: Global Security Organization at ADP. Do you have a passion for going on the offensive to safeguard critical information? As ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO), we know that our clients rely on us for human capital management solutions, but beyond that, they entrust us with one of their most valuable assets — their employee data. We are honored by this trust and are laser focused on securing data at every step in the information lifecycle, ensuring integrity, confidentiality and compliance with industry and government regulations at all times. From the cloud to the data center and across every emerging device, you’ll join a team of experts in the GSO who are always staying one step ahead in this ever-changing world of data by continually evolving our strategies and technologies to protect ADP and our clients.
ADP is hiring a Business Security Officer (BSO) for San Dimas, CA or Alpharetta, GA. This person works independently as an operational leader to deliver senior level security management to identify risks within their area of responsibility and implement processes to reduce or eliminate those risks. The BSO is accountable to deliver centralized security services, provides dedicated security functions in accordance to the needs, risk level, and plans associated with the assigned business unit as assigned by the Chief Business Security Officer (CBSO). The BSO will be accountable for managing the risk posture, regulatory compliancy assurance as it pertains to security control assurance, and the coordination of business unit level security plans and the Global Security Organization. Regular updates on progress are provided to the CBSO. The Business Security Officer represents the Business Security Office and the Global Security Organization in their dealings with projects and infrastructure groups and thus must use good judgment, as the Business Security Officer has one of the last decisions points for averting unacceptable risk. The Business Security Officer is expected to make decisions about the interpretation of the Security Program and how best to apply it to the respective business unit situation while assuring ADP that unacceptable risks are not taken. Maintains a strong working relationship with other GSO groups to partner in the implementation of technical programs that have field impact.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, – Social Responsibility.
- Manages a comprehensive business unit level security plan in accordance with the corporate security strategy, including the delivery of centralized security, risk services, and key regulatory compliance services per the needs of the business unit. Produces necessary metrics to demonstrate overall security of the business unit in accordance with the Corporate Enterprise Risk and Governance Risk and Compliance programs.
- Provides key input to the CBSO on business unit specific requirements to impact the design, engineering, implementation, operations, and general delivery of comprehensive global security services in all areas of the Global Security Organization.
- Manages the full portfolio of security services to the business unit and helps ensure the successful delivery of projects and programs as need to the assigned business unit by the appropriate planning, scheduling and controlling the activities and resources. Monitors all services, programs projects within the business unit security plan to ensure divisional and corporate protection plans are being followed and key security efforts and goals are achieved.
- Maintains key industry, sector, and business related threat assessment and management portfolio in coordination with ADP’s global threat catalogue and operational risk management teams.
- Responsible maintaining risk remediation tracking and reduction assurance within the business unit as part of the Global Security Organization Governance Risk and Compliance Service and ADP’s Enterprise Risk Management portfolio.
- Serves as the central point of communication for all security related announcements or messaging as it relates to the assigned business unit. Develops internal security communiqués at the direction of the Chief Business Security Officer or Divisional President for the assigned area of operation including both educational and advisory. Assists assigned business units with external communications for clients. Acts as an escalation destination for business unit specific client calls.
- Functions as business unit representative to corporate entities for security initiatives to determine impact and provide counsel. Operates as the liaison from the business units to address field security concerns and opportunities.
- Engages with the assigned business unit to promote security awareness and training across the enterprise and support the businesses based on the security and operational risks identified. Leverages relationships and influence within the organization to ensure success.
- Works with Corporate Global Security, Privacy & Risk Leadership, Human Resources and business unit leaders to determine the understandability and relevance of published security policies and their impact to the business. Provides supporting guidelines and tools to promote a culture of secure behavior.
- Provided input into the global program budget of all projects within the portfolio. Under the guidance of the CBSO, coordinates requests for incremental funding with finance where necessary. Prepares and presents business cases with ROI or risk remediation justification for new projects.
- Deliver and manage security privacy and risk for specified business unit
- The Business Security Officer is responsible for the timely identification and communication of risk issues and working collaboratively with the Chief Business Security Officer, business and GSO to effectively and efficiently implement security and business communications, policies, and processes controls to ensure ADP assets (intellectual and facility/hardware) and client data and funds are properly protected. Failure to address risks for the business could result in significant financial loss or significant negative impact to client confidence in ADP. Such responsibilities will be carried out with confidentiality and discretion
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have 1 or more of the following certifications CISM, CISA, CIPP/IT, CRISC or CISSP
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and relevant technical training or equivalent job experience.
- 5-10 years of Security, Risk, Compliance or like discipline
- 15 years of multi-discipline operational and business experience
- At least 5-10 years of management experience
- Background in financial services, HR/payroll, business process outsourcing.
- A strong interest in, and knowledge of network and computer related security issues
- Ability to identify and ensure the timely delivery of critical information to internal analysis teams, sponsors, customers, and other interested parties
- Ability to effectively prioritize work. Ability to develop and explain technical decisions.
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences via both verbal and written communications (e.g., technical writing, procedural development, requirements analysis)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet inflexible deadlines
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- 2 or more of the following certifications CISM, CISA, CIPP/IT, CRISC or CISSP highly preferred
- Preferred candidates will possess good analytical, technical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and make quick decisions with limited information. This person will also be able to make decisions, within the scope of the defined responsibilities in support of the goals of the team and organization, as well as be motivated to tackle challenging problems
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.