Work Location(s): San Dimas, CA, US
ADP is hiring a Senior Principal Program Manager. In this position, you’ll provide consulting and leadership on project management processes, methodology, and tools that span multiple business units related to the management of the ERP initiative for the business. You will also provide guidance and direction to Project Managers responsible for planning, scheduling and controlling the activities of various complex projects.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, and Social Responsibility.
- This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management: Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the ERP initiative to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the ERP business case and articulated by the ERP Executive Advisory Group (EAG)
- Collaborates with Financial Management community (CFOs, and Finance and Accounting Professionals) to deliver expected results
- Coaches and mentors staff and managers under direct report
- Manages highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- Maintains and controls the ERP program budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for ERP program, including program planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for program communications
- Manages program scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of program deliverables
- Manages integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- Responsible for managing relationship with vendor, consultant project manager and 3rd party integrator
- Responsible for ensuring that the program can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case, and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in Program Management. Ability to manage multiple programs across functions and/or products simultaneously
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity, providing indirect supervisory influence to team members. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of client, operational, program, project or service work objectives
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant job-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience leading at least one successful ERP project transition; preferably financial management and SaaS based
- At least 5 years of leadership experience supervising direct and indirect reports
- Strong background in mergers and acquisitions
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Financial industry experience preferred
- HR/financial systems experience desired
- Ability to interact with senior leadership in a federated governance structure
- Strong knowledge of financial management processes
- Highly developed strategic and critical thinking, including the ability to deal with ambiguity, and advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong business acumen
- Negotiation skills facilitating the ability persuade and influence others at all levels in the organization.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in team and program management and the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently.
- Strong ability to facilitate and influence change, and lead without authority.
- Strong organizational, planning, and self-management skills.
- Strong collaboration mindset, collegiality and an ability to cultivate productive relationships with stakeholders, peers and teams.
- Experience with geographically dispersed work teams.
- Ability to quickly adapt and act to drive change by advocating innovative solutions and new ways of thinking about solutions.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.