Position: Lead Developer – Software Development
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who are looking for a challenging career delivering enterprise class software. You will be working in a Scrum / Agile software development environment where all team members share responsibility for design, development, test planning, test execution and documentation of the product. Looking for a technical rock star, who can make a difference by not just individual contribution but drive team at technical/functional front on our aggressive products to meet product/organization goals.
This position will functionally and administratively report to a Manager within R&D. As a Lead Developer, you will be responsible to plan, co-ordinate and control the complex and diverse activities of product delivery by following the Agile SCRUM Methodology. The main purpose of this role is to facilitate the SCRUM team(s) to plan and meet the SPRINT goals and follow the ADP’s Agile Software Development Process. Ideal candidate must have a good understanding of the SCRUM methodology, ability to mentor the team in Agile Process and would also have experience in managing SCRUM team by handling daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, SPRINT and release planning, demos and other SCRUM ceremonies. This is a techno management role requires very good web application design, architecture and technical leadership skills primarily in Microsoft .Net Technologies.
? Manage the SCRUM team(s) in-line with Agile Values and Principles.
? Facilitates the SCRUM Process by coordinating with Agile Coach and Manager.
? Makes sure the team adheres to the definition of DONE.
? Organize and facilitate Project Planning, Daily SCRUM Stand-up Meetings, Reviews, Retrospectives, SPRINT and Release Planning, Demos and other SCRUM Meetings.
? Keeps SCRUM Artifacts/Status visible and current through Physical and/or Digital Scrum Board to provide transparency across all product stakeholders.
? Build, Supports & Encourages team self-organization.
? Shields the SCRUM team from external interferences and help them to remove the impediments.
? Helps Product Owner(s) with SPRINT Planning.
? Ensuring all work conforms to ADP’s Agile Software Development Process & Principles.
? Work closely with the Business Analysts and Stakeholders for understanding the Functional and System Requirements.
? Work closely with the Architecture team to ensure Architectural Integrity and Product Quality
? Work closely with other teams within R&D and the Engineering Manger to ensure the quality of the SPRINT deliverables.
? Provide periodic status review report to Management and highlight the issues on-time to the right forum that will affect the quality/delivery of the Product.
? Actively contribute to ongoing Agile Software Development Process, Procedures and Best Practices.
? Record and track the feedback of SCRUM Retrospectives to closure to improve the effectiveness of SCRUM team.
? Improve the overall velocity and productivity of the team by building self-organized team.
? Mentor and guide the team in Performance, Automation, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
? Mentor and guide team in Microsoft .Net Technologies.
? Provide technical leadership, design, architecture and technical solutions primarily using Microsoft .Net Technologies.
- Strong Design & Coding experience in .Net Framework using OOPS Concepts, Principles and Design Patterns.
- Excellent Web-based Application Development using C#, ASP.NET with MVC
- Knowledge in Test Automation, Performance, Build Automation and Continuous Integration tools.
- XML and related technologies (XSLT, XMLSchema, XPath, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in RDMS and SQL Server.
- Good knowledge in Source Control Management using GIT, VSS etc.
- Analyze requirements and drive end- to-end deliverable by providing a technical leadership and technical solutions.
- Review Source Code, Design and be a technical mentor for team members.
- Provide the leadership to the team in solving immediate software problems. Strong debugging skills dump analysis. Good problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding in SCRUM/Agile Development Process and Agile Values & Principles.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to play an Individual Contributor role and work productively in a team.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to "think outside the box".
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Knowledge in design tools and other software development tools like Visual Studio, Visio, Profiler, File Comparison tools, Power Point, Word Processor, Excel, Email.
- Assign tasks to resources, monitor progress, provide feedback and constantly guide the team on agile methodology.
- Manage/Maintain the SPRINT related information in Rally, track progress against the release plan and escalate any deviations from Plan.
- Organize and facilitate Project Planning, Daily SCRUM Stand-up Meetings, Reviews, Retrospectives, SPRINT and Release Planning, Demos and other SCRUM Meetings.
- Mentor and guide team in Microsoft .Net Technologies.
- Provide technical leadership, design, architecture and technical solutions primarily using Microsoft .Net Technologies.
Overall 8 – 10 years of software development experience in a product based company involving in complete SDLC of the product development particularly using Agile SCRUM methodology.
Minimum 2+ Years of experience in handling one or more SCRUM teams, Project Management in Agile based Product development, Onsite-Offshore team co-ordination with hands-on technical delivery experience.
6+ Year of experience in providing technical leadership and providing solutions (design and architecture) in a product development environment using Microsoft .Net Technologies preferably in C#, ASP .Net, Web Services and SQL Server.
Engineering graduates or Post graduates in Computer Science / Computer Applications.
Having SCRUM Master Certification is an added advantage.
Must have excellent logical, problem solving and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
Experience in Product development using a standard Framework.
HCM Domain and Product knowledge is preferable.