The Senior Director Data Governance role will be responsible for driving all levels of strategy, vision and execution to deliver on the mission of governing and monetizing critical data assets.
This role will influence and provide expertise to Global Product Technology (GPT)/Product Development, Privacy / Compliance, Strategy, Business Units, and other data functions across the organization by establishing the organization-wide strategic data roadmap and engagement model for data governance, data engineering, data science and analytics utilizing business and industry knowledge.
The Sr. Director will be the spokesperson and advocate on relevant data issues and business potential to both internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
You will guide and lead teams addressing internal and external data, including client, internal associate/HR, and business critical data by implementing or influencing processes, policies, and technology as they apply to data governance.
- Champion for the global data organization, technologies, processes, and policies as follows: (1) Organization: Implementing a Company-wide culture of data ownership and recognition that data and information are core assets. (2) Technologies: Creating an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate access controls (3) Processes: Regulating how we capture, maintain, and use data and information globally (4) Policies: Managing the lifecycle and lineage of data and information to comply with Corporate and Legal requirements
- Collaborate to define standards for regulatory compliance, data policy, data security and data retention
- Data issues management and resolution
- Process, semantics and data modeling as a shared competency
- Best practice based data governance, quality, and stewardship methodologies
- Influence the strategic direction for how ADP uses data internally and externally.
- Act as a key thought leader in defining big data roadmap, business intelligence and data strategy; leveraging data assets in support of strategy.
- Proactively champion the value of data as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and being able to transform those ideas into action.
- Promote the use of new technology and industry leading trends as a creative thinker.
- Establish a level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Advocate decision-making and get “buy in” while building partnerships with clients and across the organization by fostering collaboration.
- Create and Implement data strategies, standards, procedures and accountability policies.
- Skillfully guide and influence through change management and communicate directions clearly.
- Decrease the cost of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of the data to the organization
- Advise and influence the DBA functionality of IT to insure adherence to data standards and speed data linkages between systems
- Provide expertise and consults on all new major data-related or data-intensive initiatives
- In consultation with CIO, decide on products and services and technical architectures that support data in the organization
Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM major
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technology, business management and/or consulting roles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role with proven experience building and leading a data science organization or practice.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Significant experience advocating for the value of data analytics and ability to effectively communicate the value to various audiences.
- Possesses a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, people skills, and the ability to guide a data strategy.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, development, verification, and validation of descriptive, applied, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Comfortable and experienced in thought leadership programs. public speaking and interfacing at the C-level.
- Trusted advisor to leaders gained by listening, understanding and offering solutions to their core business needs in order to create insightful analytics.
- A passionate communicator and proven thought leader in the business application of analytics with the ability to understand and explain complex problems in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being able to work well with others
- Exceptional analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Exceptional managerial skills; can hire, train and mentor a highly effective data team
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.