Work Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
ADP is hiring a Senior Application Developer. At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Ensure all work conforms to ADP’s software development process
- Implementing code to the development team’s coding guidelines and quality standards
- Identifying the initial task list and implementation plan for simpler change requests
- Breaking up top level tasks into smaller units of work and estimating the work with minimal assistance from the Team Leader
- Peer review of other Senior Application Developer code backed up by a second level review by the Team Leader
- Assisting/Supervising Junior Programmers during their project training and initial work within the development team
- Taking ownership of own progress
- Contributing to ongoing development of the software development team’s processes, procedures and best practices
- Solid understanding of basic algorithms and data structures is absolutely essential
- Design and implement technical architectures for complex solutions
- Write great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Integrate front-end development with back-end applications
- Experience with Agile as software development methodology
- Gather and analyse business requirements
- Ensure that our applications can scale to match huge demand across the world.
- Graduates in Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Applications or Post Graduates in Computer Science / Computer Applications with over 4.6 years of experience in a software development role.
- Strong overall programming experience building web-based and large scale systems required
- Familiarity with client side MVC frameworks, preferably Angular.js/Backbone.js
- Experience in GIT.
- Experience Unix/Linux OS.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in one of the following languages C#, Java, C++, Ruby
- Technical knowledge in RDBMS / NoSQL.
- Strong verbal communications, cross-group collaboration skills, analytical, structured and strategic thinking.
- Great interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, belief in teamwork.
- Problem Solving skills and ability to swim in ambiguity
- A team player with a pro-active and positive attitude