Applications for this posting will be accepted until 2/26/2024
ADP is hiring a Data Security Infrastructure Developer
Are you ready to help us design the future-state to secure and govern our Data?
It’s the Wild West, in terms of Data Security….sure there are some claims of those who’ve struck it rich, and have their data gold squirreled away in an impenetrable vault that’s still easy to use; but if you’ve been in or around these parts, you know in your heart of hearts, that the mother lode is out there ready to be discovered through some very hard work, and a bit of luck.
I ask you to join me in this journey to explore, innovate, and improve our security posture; and keep those pesky data bandits at bay…
As a Data Security Engineering Developer you will need to leverage all of your experience, and be willing and eager to pickup some new skills as well… here are just some of the rounds in your pair of trusty six shooters:
- Windows, Mac, & Linux application & development experience desired
- Office Plug-In & SharePoint Framework (SPFx) experience desired
FSRM, FCI, File System APIs & implementation (Windows, Linux, & MacOS wrt ADS and EFA)
Hashing, Tokenization, Digital Rights Management (DRM), MS Sensitivity Labels
Excel, PowerBI, SQL, Graph API, and Reporting Tools
Data Security Knowledge
DLP (Storage, End Point, Network), File ACLs, Encryption & Key Management
Technology Platforms Knowledge
SharePoint, Splunk, Securiti.AI, ServiceNow, NetApp, Windows, Linux, MacOS, BitBucket
Leadership / Process Mindset
Advise, Develop, & Coordinate among multiple cross-discipline teams to establish sustainable processes to improve data security, while minimizing the impact to the average associate and reducing security incidents globally.
Developer Level (Developer, Senior, Lead) commensurate with experience, education, certifications, and ability.
Primary Focus for this role will be developing desktop/installed applications to integrate security into everyday used applications by ADP associates: File Explorer (enhancement/replacement), SharePoint & O365 Plug-Ins, PowerApp/ServiceNow Intake & Coordination processes, & PowerBI Reporting and Analytics delivery, and the back-end micro-services to support it all … so flexibility and self-learning will be key. Having experience in file systems in multiple OS’s will be of benefit; as will experience in understanding how we can apply meta-data heuristics to add security to the procedures, policies, and tools for the ADP associates.
A little about the Data Security Team:
You will join a highly skilled and focused team providing excellent data security services, strategies, & processes. We protect sensitive ADP client and company data throughout the data life cycle. Responsibilities include protecting company and client data from exploitation or misuse, leading the design and implementation of data security and privacy policies, identifying weak control areas and engineering relevant mitigating controls, and mitigating operational risks associated with data in motion and at rest.. We help develop, enhance and drive the vision & effectiveness of the data security program.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. A global Best Places to Work, Diversifying® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more, ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- What we’re doing here will surprise you. Whether we’re leveraging one of the world’s most comprehensive datasets that predicts the economic health of a nation, using the latest tech stacks to create adaptive, industry-changing platforms, or developing one of the Top 10 mobile applications for business, we’re making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people around the world. Every day.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We are obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to affect lasting change through our actions.
- Team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to navigating change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- A college degree is great but not required. What is more important is having the attitude, skills and experience to do the job.
- Positive Professional. You have an upbeat, persistent style and the ability to produce creative solutions without fear of rejection. You can manage your time well, prioritize deliverables, and multi-task with the best of them. In addition, you can present your ideas in a clear, professional manner on paper, in-person, and over the phone. With your leadership skills, you are comfortable influencing, guiding and lending expertise to other teams & associates. You already possess a high degree of integrity, are trustworthy, and can work independently.
- Subject Matter Expert. Solid programming experience will be key to being successful in this role… it will help you interface with the various product teams from an engineering perspective. Your experience with programming (in various language categories: scripting, procedural, functional, OO, etc.) for business applications & systems automation will help us deliver solutions to meet today’s needs, and tomorrow’s vision! Experience across Databases (SQL & Admin) and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting, as well as unstructured data technologies (NTFS, SMB, XFS, NFS, etc.) will help you jump right in.
- Proven Experienced Winner. With your four to ten-plus years of experience in technology & cybersecurity roles, including: planning, implementing, and running security solutions. You have a track record of integrating both technological & people processes to ensure adoption success. You work well with key collaborators (security partners, technology teams, business units) to help improve or solution designs that adapt to ADP data platforms.
- Technical Background You possess strong analytical skills and cross-functional knowledge of multiple technology and cybersecurity domains. You are superb at defining and documenting business processes and controls. Your background will lend strength based on your experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM), meta-data definitions, and encryption technologies & solutions. In addition, your knowledge and working experience with data loss prevention (DLP), and structured and unstructured data protection (UDP) technologies and approaches will help prevent unsafe and incorrect data disclosure, transmission or exfiltration. You may possess a vast background (additional certificates help support your deep security knowledge (CISSP, GSEC, CISA, CISM, CRISC, MCSD), comprising of functional experience working in a global hybrid cloud environment, including AWS, Azure, O365, and GCP. Experience with Data Governance or Data Compliance Standards is valuable.
- Fabulous Soft Skills. You recognize that with the pace that digital transformations drive, one must include the ability to communicate with various audiences that include executive leadership, business leaders, engineers, architects, clients, and associates. You know that it is important to possess great verbal communication skills to convey information to all levels. This includes exceptional written communication skills, documentation, and reporting. The sense-of-urgency, activator attitude you possess makes you a stellar candidate and highly sought after on project teams!
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here is what you can expect on a typical day in the life of a Data Security Engineer at ADP.
- Design & Process Improvement Discover and analyze vulnerabilities in data repositories (databases, unstructured data: network/local storage, GitHub/Bitbucket, etc). Guide and contribute to efforts to gather and define requirements to develop prevention and detection capabilities that support ADP’s data security policies. Interpret security and technical requirements from business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers. Produce detailed solution designs for next generation data loss prevention and data protection capabilities and services. Continually improve program outcomes, address gaps, and reduce risk to ADP’s infrastructure, processes, and sensitive data. Organize and coordinate supporting services for testing, deployment of new technical design specifications, and implementation and configuration of software suites.
- Collaborate Advise the business on data retention, security, & compliance concerns. Lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber security controls. Work collaboratively with cross functional teams including strategic product managers, enterprise technology, privacy, and information security teams to create and drive a future vision for next generation data security in multiple cloud environments and data platforms. Provide input and feedback on security architectures, and influence others with your expertise. Your experience with data loss prevention platforms and collaborative approach will help shape ADP’s security policies and standards for use in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Operate Maintain compliance with Internal Processes, Policies & Standards. Developing security guardrails, in alignment with business processes, to protect data collected and used at ADP. Analyze forensic information regarding security incidents in order to improve business processes & enhance security technologies. Lead efforts to gather/define requirements to develop prevention and detection capabilities that support ADP’s data security policies, assess and evaluate data security control effectiveness, enable comprehensive orchestration and automation to provide improved metrics and operational support, and identify and implement new security technologies and best practices into the company’s critical applications.
- Security Incident Response Enable the comprehensive orchestration and automation of security processes to provide rapid incident response and gain efficiencies throughout the technical security services lifecycle.
- Consult Maintain an expert level understanding of emerging DLP security threats and the capabilities that provide relevant mitigating controls. Provide consulting services to the business units and IT organizations to educate and ensure adherence with ADP’s data security standards and industry best practices. Develop and maintain vendor relationships that partner with cloud services. Ensure compliance, drive control coverage, and define technical policies for cloud security controls across multiple workloads and environments.
- Security & Compliance Drive the discovery and prioritize remediation of data controls to meet audit, compliance and ADP’s data protection requirements, policies, and standards. Ensure global data security initiatives adhere to continually changing privacy and legal compliance requirements. Assess and evaluate end point and data security control effectiveness, and drive towards improved control effectiveness, consistency, and maturity across the organization.
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity or commissions. We offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched Retirement Savings, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more. The compensation for this role is $75,600.00 – $202,590.00 / Year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.