ADP is hiring a Global Event Executive within our Worldwide Commercial Ops (Sales) organization.
In this role, the Global Event Executive will have responsibility for leading the Global Event organization consisting of the Incentives & Exec Meetings and Tradeshow & Client Conference teams. All programs and events are designed to educate, promote the ADP brand and/or drive employee productivity and client engagement. This leader will be responsible for the creating a vision along with process, procedures, and measurement for ensuring all programs and meetings achieve objectives and established budget.
Included in this People Leader role will be directly leading the Incentive & Exec Meeting team along with oversight of the Sr. Director Tradeshow & Client Conferences to ensure executive alignment and steerco participation across our key HCM tradeshows and client conferences. The Global Event Executive will report to the Sr. Division VP Sales Enablement, Global Events & Creative Services and will meet regularly to discuss open programs, review financials and/or provide other timely updates.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans within ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
What you’ll do: Responsibilities
What you can expect on a typical day:
Functional Ownership Includes: (managing an organization of ~10 employees)
- Formal sales incentive programs such as Presidents Club, SuperStarts and the FY Sales Kickoff
- Branded client events and industry tradeshows such as Meeting of The Minds and ReThink as well as APA and SHRM.
- Quarterly board meetings
- Key meetings such as Partner and Channel Summits
- Other key executive corporate meetings as determined
- Senior Leadership Team and Business Unit communications strategy and execution
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE: Requirements
The Global Event Executive performs some or all the following activities. Priorities and focus may shift and evolve over the course of the fiscal year based on business priorities and planning cycle:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Equivalent of 12-15 years of relevant event experience
- Experience managing an event portfolio, senior event planners and executing large meetings and incentives within an enterprise organization and establishing/managing vendor relationships.
- Manage the overall Global Event portfolio, calendar and assignment of all events requesting and meeting support guidelines
- Actively review all events in scope to help Global Event Directors ensure programs are meeting milestones and budgets
- Develop the Global Event strategy and team’s goals, lead the team in planning, marketing, management, and execution of all corporate events and sharing best practices
- Ensures the vision of these events translate to best-in-class programs
- Partner with internal teams in support of event planning, resource allocation, relaying all pertinent event information to cross-functional partners so that everyone is informed, and processes meet all stakeholders needs. This includes Creative Services, Procurement, Finance, Global Security Organization.
- Manage key vendors such as travel program mgt, DMC, and in some cases production
- Inspire others through continuous coaching and performance feedback, meeting routines, on-the-job training and fostering professional development to build an engaged team culture.
- Responsible for influencing team, cross-functional and external partners in support of agreed upon objectives and budget targets
- Recruits new team members as appropriate in addition to training new team members and partners (internal or external) on event management requirements and protocols
- Leads project scope and strategy including staffing requirements, program plans, budget, oversight over the registration process and collaborating on initiatives to promote the events.
- Helps identify domestic and international destination and site selection for all events
- Ensures compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Ability to travel about 40% and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Liaise with XCOM to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, demonstrable Excel and Word proficiency, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to set goals and have a vision to lead and promote ADP’s event portfolio.
- Data oriented leadership with experience defining key success metrics and driving towards those metrics as part of the overall events strategy
- Development and continual refinement of the “customer experience” strategy
- Strong leadership and people management skills with experience in uniting a team of Event and Communications professionals – full time and temporary staff – to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources in developing and/or contributing to strategic initiatives that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Optimization of departmental processes that address an excellent and brand-appropriate customer experience
- Demonstrated experience and ability to think critically while working in a dynamic, high pressure team environment, fostering a sense of urgency and commitment to achieving goals.
- Build and support a team culture of innovation
- Familiarity and comfort with attendee management registration systems, apps, and event technology
- Proven success with developing and executing large scale strategic and tactical initiatives
- Ability to build productive business relationships
- Budget management including forecasting
- Project management experience
BONUS POINTS FOR THESE: Preferred Qualifications
- MBA degree
- Creative thinker with strong degree of adaptability and flexibility and one who thrives in an environment of continuous change and growth
- A relationship builder who partners collaboratively internally and externally across the enterprise to ensure we are providing the best client experience and are achieving our business objectives
- Excellent communication, time management, project management and change management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex based on audience and other requirements
- Knowledge of HCM (Human Capital Management) preferred, but not required
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Ability to prioritize issues and work under the pressure of time constraints
- Ability to leverage data to make strategic business decisions
- Business acumen and financial knowledge
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights.
- Belong by joining one of nine Business Resource Groups where you can connect globally with networks and allies who share common interests and experiences.
- Grow your career in an agile, fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to progress.
- Continuously learn. Ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities for even the most insatiable learner.
- Be your healthiest. Best-in-class benefits start on Day 1 because healthy associates are happy ones.
- Balance work and life. Resources and flexibility to integrate your work and your life more easily.
- Focus on your mental health and well-being. We’re here to provide exceptional service to our clients, and none of that happens without each of us taking care of ourselves and being there for one another.
- Join a company committed to giving back and generating a lasting, positive impact upon the communities in which we work and live.
- Get paid to pay it forward. Company-paid time off for volunteering for causes you care about.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity or commissions. We offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched Retirement Savings, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more. The compensation for this role is $0.00 – $0.00 / Year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.