The Lead Software Engineer provides leadership & expertise in the conception, development & integration of technical platforms.
It promotes the use of new technologies and best practices the company.
This job requires relevant expertise in a professional, sales or technical area. Majority of time is spent on:
– Writing recommendations
– Leveraging relationships by interfacing and influencing key stakeholders.
– Develop/implement solutions
Work is primarily achieved by individual or through project teams, utilizing technical expertise to achieve results.
Considered as responsible for the development of software solutions for organization’s external and internal clients, a Software engineer may be involved in all aspects of the software development, he will work with clients, product manager analysts, architects to plan, design, develop, test and integrate solutions consistent with the business requirements.
He will also collaborate with other stakeholders for security, quality insurance, training, project management, hosting & procurement activities.
A Lead software Engineer is results-oriented, he must develop knowledge of new technologies and has to be familiar with the business process and data to provide innovative, insightful and secure solutions.
Technical architectures design, development & implementation
- Develop & maintain the features of the portal.
- Establish the strategic direction of application development approaches.
- Promote best practices and technologies of the application development/deployment platform.
- The solutions recommended by the lead App integration engineer will take into account operational objectives and technological constraints, and will correspond to the company’s organization.
- Define how a solution will be developed: what elements will be integrated, how they will be integrated and how they will be maintained by operational teams.
- Make the most of existing investments, and implement new systems if necessary.
- Identify the change requirements and the components involved: hardware, software, processes, platform, guaranteeing interoperability, dimensioning, availability and security.
Management of projects to integrate new systems
- Leader of international project teams, as part of the integration/deployment of global strategic offers, in partnership with teams located in the US, Europe (France) or India.
- Lead major evolutions of existing offers.
- Analyze the impact of the selected application solutions in terms of infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement technical solutions to stabilize/optimize technical ecosystems.
- Understand the needs of the business, oppose offers to them and analyse/anticipate the difficulties related to the implementation of these offers in ADP systems or in the cloud.
- Define technical integration procedures.
- Develop and implement test procedures to assess performance, safety, compatibility and reliability.
- Good knowledge of new DevOps oriented technologies (Jenkins, Ansible/AWX, Swarm/ Kubernetes)
- Global knowledge of operating systems (including Windows, UNIX/LINUX) and major infrastructure elements (Databases, Storage, Network, Web-Tiers, File Transfer)
- Good knowledge of API technologies and cloud solutions.
- Control of risks related to infrastructure security and dematerialization
- Useful certifications:
- Cloud Certification (Azur, AWS, Google Cloud…)
- Java, .Net, Python &/or React Framework
- DB certification: Oracle, MongoDB or SqlServer
- Adaptability and technical curiosity because technological developments are rapid and must be assimilated to optimize the existing system.
- Versatility and flexibility, a taste for technique and creativity to identify appropriate technical solutions.
- Rigor and critical thinking to distinguish between technology and marketing discourse.
- Ability to work with teams of international experts.
- A good interpersonal skill in order to work with other departments of the company (Infrastructure teams in particular)
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences in English and French.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.