ADP is hiring a Government Affairs Director!
- Do you have experience in government agency legislation with in-depth expertise within the function of payroll employment tax? Are you ready to put that knowledge to work?
- Are you looking to grow your career in an agile, dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities to grow!
- Are you looking to be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights?
This may be the role for you. Ready to make your mark?
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge, experience and leadership expertise to support multiple teams, ensuring efficient operations and an overall productive and enjoyable working environment for employees. The Government Affairs Director will communicate regularly with federal regulators and tax administrators to help ensure company policies adhere to statutory requirements.
Your primary responsibility will be to liaison between ADP’s One Tax Compliance organization and the state Unemployment Insurance tax agencies. You will plan scheduled visits to state agencies to obtain state views on ADP performance and to promote efficiencies and advocate for technology improvements. Additionally, there will be occasions where you will need to react to emerging matters that require immediate intervention. You job will be a combination of planned activities and dynamic interventions.
Although every day is a different experience representing varying issues and complexity levels, the nature of what you do every day will not change – your #1 goal is to work with governmental agencies and ADP to ensure that we provide efficient, effective and compliant solutions for all parties.
Your new role will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference. How you interact with state agency officials and with ADP business units will in large measure help to determine how well ADP continues to thrive in the employment tax segment. In the end, your success will create a culture where ADP amd state tax agencies provide service excellence that enables our clients to succeed.
To thrive in this role, you will work with clients in a way that builds rapport, establishes trust, and shines with professionalism. Over the phone and in writing, your communication style is clear and easy for our agrency representatives and clients to understand and take action on. As a result, your agency/client satisfaction scores make you proud. Pace should not scare you.
We also have a healthy dose of fun. Not only can you find a career here but relationships that last in a company that values inclusion.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans within ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
To learn more about Client Services at ADP, watch here: https://adp.careers/Client_Services_Videos
What you’ll do: Responsibilities
What you can expect on a typical day:
- You will have many opportunities to upgrade your knowledge and skills. Your role will allow you to participate in member organizations that will offer certifications on payroll, including federal and state compliance, standard operating procedures, administrative practices, other products, and desktop support tools to develop and maintain your ability to support our clients.
- You will have overarching goals that will contribute to ADP goals. In achieving those goals, you will in large measure be self-directed. You will be responsible to plan your annual activities, including a travel plan, individual goal measures, and processing improvement strategies.
- You will ultimately help ADP clients in a variety of ways, by assisting adjacent business units to make tax filing and payment activities efficient and timely. Our goal is to be a seamless intermediary between our clients and state agencies. You will work with state agencies to ensure payments and filings are transacted as expected and minimize client impact.
- You adhere to a daily schedule and organize yourself to deal with issue inquiries and escalation events. Daily interactions may increase during peak seasons, such as the last calendar quarter of the year.
- Provide Senior Leadership input on strategic plans & advise on strategic initiatives/projects.
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Manage relationships with key government stakeholders
- Represent ADP at agency/industry tax conferences, groups and/or initiatives.
- Anticipates business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Contributes to solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Works on complex projects to achieve milestones and objectives with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals; contributes to developing the strategy for project execution
- Serve as a resource for other team members, based on a strong working knowledge of team’s responsibilities and goals
- Assist on escalated issues and provide direction
- Function as a consultant and business partner to other organizations within ADP
- Serve as an acting backup to other leaders, providing leadership, guidance and direction to team members in the absence of the leader
- Participate in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments and collaboration opportunities with other business units
- Advise on the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE: Requirements
- 12 years of experience in agency legislation
- Prior government agency experience with in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function of payroll employment tax
- This position can be virtual for the right candidate
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills to do the job. Other acceptable experiences could include:
- Experience noted above, OR
- Military experience where skills including teamwork, adaptability, organization, and follow-through will help you build team and client relationships, identify solutions, and achieve success.
Bonus points for these: Preferred Qualifications
- Current or previous IRS Enrolled Agent or CPA status
- MBA or advanced degree
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, focused on achieving results
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise, and escalate to the appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual and innovative thinking skills used to develop solutions
- Working knowledge of various operating systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights.
- Belong by joining one of nine Business Resource Groups where you can connect globally with networks and allies who share common interests and experiences.
- Grow your career in an agile, dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities to progress.
- Continuously learn through ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities.
- Be your healthiest. Best-in-class benefits start on Day 1 because healthy associates are happy ones.
- Focus on your mental health and well-being. We’re here to provide exceptional service to our clients, and none of that happens without each of us taking care of ourselves and being there for one another.
- Join a company committed to giving back and generating a lasting, positive impact upon the communities in which we work and live.
- Get paid to pay it forward. Company-paid time off for volunteering for causes you care about.
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions.
If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more.
Salary range for this role $92,700 – $188,100/ Year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.