Software Engineer – ADP Bristol
Based in our Bristol offices, our delivery teams are rebuilding our multinational payroll to leverage technology that will deliver a customer experience they expect, and we think they deserve. This is a rare chance to deliver a step change in business productivity, not just a run of the mill project. It’s a technical challenge and a professional opportunity to do something you can be enormously proud of, not just a job. If that is what you’re looking for and you can deliver what we need, we’d really like to speak with you.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to help develop, support and advance our .NET based software platform.
You need to be a remarkable developer, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills, motivated to do the right things in the right way and determined to meet your commitments no matter what challenges you face. As a team player, you’ll fit straight into our open, collaborative, agile, egoless working environment in the heart of Bristol. You’ll have a relevant degree or be able to demonstrate similar knowledge and experience. You’ll be equally comfortable working on green field development as you are enhancing legacy applications.
Required skills / experience:
* Excellent knowledge of C#, dotnet framework/core & ASP.NET
* Web API development – SSL, REST APIs, JSON
* Commercial experience of building robust and scalable solutions using .NET
* Strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
* Analytical thinking, problem solving & decision-making skills
* SOLID and DRY software design principles
* Strong development and design knowledge of RDBMS e.g. MS SQL
* The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
* Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
* A working understanding of agile software development practices e.g. Scrum, KanBan, XP
* The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team
* The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
* The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
* Working collaboratively within a team, sharing knowledge & ideas
* Open to accepting views & opinions of other team members
You will also have some experience of, or a desire to learn about the following:
* Saas, PaaS, IaaS e.g. AWS, Azure
* Continuous delivery and / or DevOps
* Test automation e.g. Selenium
* Modern software development practices e.g. TDD, BDD, Pairing, Mobbing
* CI and build tools e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
* Message Queue systems e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS
* Version control solutions e.g. Git, Mercurial
* Node development
* Application containerisation e.g. Docker & Kubernetes
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of challenge to flourish in.