ADP is hiring a Principal, Devsecops Engineer.
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day, even when it’s messy?
- Are you empathic to client needs, the people you lead, and internal partners to drive success but can make the hard calls and are not afraid to make bold moves?
- Are you a technologist first and foremost who approaches every problem wearing that hat while going out of your way to champion creativity and build diverse, productive, and engaged teams?
The platform reliability engineering team at Lifion is central to the reputation and trustworthiness of our product. We are looking for a Principal, Devsecops Engineer to work with teams across the organization to help build and maintain our distributed platform.
In this role, you will drive a team of software engineers who build and maintain microservices and features within Lifion by ADP’s human capital management platform to help our customers save time, stay compliant, and manage their workforce. No two days are alike. You will spend your time checking in with your team, stateside or abroad. You will facilitate the team’s work through coaching and guidance and provide leadership with realistic expectations and deadlines. You will be the final set of eyes to review code for quarterly initiatives and manage ad-hoc requests as they arise. You’ll be accountable for something significant: the uncompromising quality of products that impact people’s lives.
· Drive quarterly SRE and Security objectives to completion
· Provide fellow leadership and technical ownership of a globally distributed team
· Deliver tools to improve the automation and security of Lifion services and data stores
· Automate infrastructure and configuration management
· Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
· Draft design documents and present solutions to stakeholders
· Meet reliability and capacity requirements while managing costs
· Plan disaster recovery drills
· Participate in rotating on-call duties
· Conduct timely post-mortems of production incidents
Execution: Ability to identify critical paths and drive the plans to support one or more complex product and platform deliverables with a commitment to quality and time
Management: A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
Communication: Superior communication skills with the ability to present technical topics to non-technical audiences and build partnerships with business area leaders and external solution providers
Leadership: Ability to maintain high morale, both within SRE group, and externally as well by inspiring trust and sense of achievement.
Judgement: Be able to manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture and make sound decisions with limited and incomplete data
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about us: Located in Chelsea, NYC, ADP’s Lifion team works on our award-winning Next Generation HCM platform. ADP is a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Drive cultural change and transformation. Lead, inspire and engage a team as you continue to transform, develop, design, and deliver our next-generation platform to clients.
- Build teams that thrive. As an experienced leader, you want everyone to shine. You’ll start each day by checking in with your engineering team to identify priorities and challenges. You’ll find a way to make the team’s day go smoother. You are constantly looking for ways to share your knowledge, motivate others and keep everyone engaged and productive.
- Build Products. You will use your technical expertise to review your team’s work and help your people excel in an Agile environment. You’re proactive and hands-on. When you see a potential issue, you never leave things hanging and unfinished. When you and your team deliver a finished product, it’s as polished as you could make it.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be checking in with a team in India one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives for the coming quarter later and tomorrow handling a few ad hoc requests from your peers in other departments.
- Influence and inspire confidence. You are comfortable presenting to senior leaders, product owners, and peers with a compelling voice that you demonstrate through executive presence, leading change, and creating clear executive-level communications on milestone achievements.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
· Experience developing and monitoring distributed systems
· Know when and how to apply DevOps and Security principles
· Experience in running a microservices architecture in production.
· Expertise with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
· Fluency in one or more languages, such as Python, Go, Nodejs, Ruby, Bash, and Java
· Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, or other configuration management tools
· Systematic approach to problem solving
· Strong communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, and an ability to drive tasks to completion
· Experience using container orchestration technologies, such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or Mesos
Deep knowledge of the cloud and cloud operating principles
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.