ADP is hiring a Senior Software Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for maintenance of existing applications and creating new applications / programs to solve business problems.
The Senior Software Engineer will work on complex program analysis and programming assignments and will be responsible for preparation of detailed specifications, participating in the complete development cycle: analysis, development, code testing, production deployment, and maintenance.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
- Participate effectively in relevant aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) including planning, construction, testing, reviews and demonstrations
- Design, develop, test and refine deliverables
- Investigate and resolve application issues as needed
- Package, configure, and deploy software
- Collaborate with clients, Product Managers, Architects, & Analysts to develop and review requirements & design
- Review and create system, software and functional design specifications that address requirements
- Write scripts/procedures/statements using SQL against databases such as Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, etc.
- Expected to manage broader or multiple projects at a time
- Acts as an expert source of technology and application knowledge within their domain technologies
- Participating in Business planning, IT strategy and setting direction
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To Succeed in this role
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent in education and experience with a major area of concentration in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
Key Skill Sets/Experience:
- 5 – 7 years experience in a similar position
- Strong technical knowledge of software development is required (specification design, coding, testing)
- Strong knowledge of Rest APIs required
- Strong knowledge of JSON manipulation required
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of LDAP Authentication
- Knowledge of Microft Azure
- Strong problem solving ability
- Technical proficiency regarding application development and user interface experience
- Should be flexible, proactive & self-motivated
- Planning and time management skills for handling multiple activities and projects
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to get to the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.