ADP is hiring a Tax Consultant I. In this position you will be responsible for the successful delivery of Tax Account Management Services. Ensures employment tax filing and payment obligations are met in compliance with PEO requirements, federal, state and local regulations. Manages the integration of employer tax accounts into the co-employment relationship. Analyze employer tax accounts and consultant with clients regarding tax account status, business changes, filing discrepancies, documents and critical data gaps. Serves as the authorized representative between clients and taxing authorities. Research and resolve employment tax related matters. Ensure tax accounts maintain a good standing status with taxing authorities. Provides support and guidance to clients, regions, taxing authorities, business partners and third party administrators regarding PEO reporting and employment tax matters.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Analyze client tax accounts during the implementation process. Ensure employer tax accounts are accurately and timely integrate into PEO tax services.
- Collaborate with clients, tax authorities, and ADP Business partners to manage client tax accounts.
- Consult with clients and provide direction on critical data and document gaps, effective filing status, business changes, and outstanding tax discrepancies to ensure compliance with employer tax filing requirements.
- Apply industry and product knowledge to implement, guide, and support client tax account set ups and changes in compliance with PEO requirements, tax regulations, ADP polices, and client expectations.
- Serve as the authorized employment tax representative between clients and taxing authorities.
- Research and resolve employment tax filing discrepancies and respond to agency inquiries.
- Provide clients or designated agents with tax account support to resolve prior to services account discrepancies.
- Lead account management efforts to ensure accurate and timely employment tax filings and payments.
- Thoroughly research and resolve complex escalated tax account matters to reduce additional liability and meet service requirements.
- Manage maintenance reports to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies prior to submission of tax returns.
- Provide internal and external clients with support and guidance on escalated employment tax matters.
- Monitor tax cases to ensure commitments, deadlines and service requirements are met.
- Assist with managing the day to day operations including quality assurance reporting and activities.
- Analyze results and provide recommendations to improve results.
- Partner with Manager to identify and develop training and development plans to address knowledge and performance gaps.
- Assist with training and mentoring of associates.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on associate performance.
- Manage tax projects as assigned.
- Complete and assist with tax rate protests, abatements, account reconciliations and audits.
- Use industry knowledge to identify required actions to resolve account discrepancies.
- Partner with internal processing groups to ensure system transaction meet agency mandates.
- Ensure client business changes are accurately applied to tax accounts in compliance with agency regulations.
- Keep up with changing employment tax laws and explain implications to clients.
- Identify and act on opportunities to reduce employment tax liabilities (i.e. voluntary contributions, tax credits, exemptions, etc.) as outlined in services. Calculate and communicate the impact of additional employment socialized costs, surcharges, and other added liability.
- Partner with agencies to ensure that tax accounts meet all employment tax obligations and remain in good standing.
- Actively participate in tax projects and special tasks as assigned.
- Communicate account IDs, rates, status and regulatory changes to internal and external clients as required.
- Provide third party administrators with tax account data and responses as outlined in service level agreements to ensure accurate and timely filings and support.
- Assist with identifying changes that drive efficiency for tax account management and enhance the client service experience.
- Maintain POAs, tax documents, and employer /agency responses in compliance with agency requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure timely processing of government forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 1 – 3 Years of Directly Related Experience
- Prior payroll or tax filing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in education and experience with a Major Area of Concentration in Business or related field
Preference will be given to candidates with the following preferred qualifications:
- FPC or CPP
- Accounting or finance background
- Prior payroll or tax filing experience
We believe in good faith that compensation for a successful candidate based in Colorado would be between the range listed below.
Annual Minimum:41700 – Annual Maximum: 59470
In the state of Colorado, we are offering the following benefits (subject to change):
Salaried and hourly workers who work on average 32 or more standard hours per week:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.