ADP is hiring a Tax Specialist.
- Are you looking to grow your career in an agile, dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities to progress?
- Are you a continuous learner who embraces ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities?
- Are you looking to be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights?
If so, this may be an opportunity for you. Read on and decide for yourself.
As a Tax Specialist, you will help keep ADP clients compliant with payroll tax laws and requirements, reduce their risks, simplify their processes, and allow them to save time. You carry the weight of ADP’s service reputation and client satisfaction in your hands.
In this role, you will spend your day working with Implementation Centers, Data Conversion Services, Financial Service Centers, and ADP clients to ensure timely, efficient reconciliation and entry of quarterly and annual tax deposit information. You will effectively manage assigned client relationships with all internal and external business partners to enhance the overall client experience. Our top-ranked training will help set you up for success!
To thrive in this role, you must be comfortable working in a metrics-driven call center environment as part of a structured day. You have a way with clients that builds rapport, establishes trust, and shines with professionalism. Over the phone and in writing, your communication style is clear and easy for our clients to understand and take action on. As a result, your client satisfaction scores make you proud. Pace should not scare you. We also have a healthy dose of fun. Not only can you find a career here, but friendships that last in a company that values inclusion.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans within ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
To learn more about Implementation at ADP, watch here: https://adp.careers/Client_Services_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Responsibilities
What you can expect on a typical day:
- Analyze, Reconcile, and Review. You will analyze balances, reconcile client tax deposit and filing information with employee balance information, and resolve out-of-balance conditions by working with the client and internal ADP groups. You will coordinate and review client documentation for client deposits and filings for all affected quarters.
- Proactively Communicate. You will communicate any balance issues, develop a resolution plan and notify the client of any debit advice as applicable. You will ensure the completion of mid-quarter and mid-year conversion processes accurately and on time and provide a status to internal business partners and clients.
- Tax Documentation. You will send documents to clients for such things as Quarterly Wage and Tax Registers for W2 purposes. Plus, you will enter and submit tax liability and deposit information using processes, tools, and systems to enter and submit them. You will record client status, update project milestones, and maintain client documentation.
- Mentor New Tax Specialists. You will guide less tenured Tax Specialists with your technical expertise and possibly assist in their training. You will recommend changes to the training curriculum and new procedures to management as needed.
Learn and Grow. You will receive training on ADP Payroll and Tax products, and as part of your job, you must stay up-to-date on new products and existing offerings that impact ADP’s products. You should continue to update your knowledge through available resources on legislative changes in tax laws. We might ask you to work on special projects as part of this role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE: Required Qualifications
- You should have at least 1 year of experience working a service-oriented role.
- You can work overtime hours during peak seasons
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills to do the job. Other acceptable experiences could include:
- Experience noted above OR
- Military experience where skills including teamwork, adaptability, organization, and follow-through will help you build team and client relationships, identify solutions, and achieve success.
BONUS POINTS FOR THESE: Preferred Qualifications
- Proven proficiencies in payroll, tax deposit, and tax reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll Systems preferred.
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Belong by joining one of nine Business Resource Groups to connect globally with networks and allies who share common interests and experiences.
- Be your healthiest. Best-in-class benefits start on Day 1 because healthy associates are happy ones.
- Focus on your mental health and well-being. We’re here to provide exceptional service to our clients, and none of that happens without each of us taking care of ourselves and being there for one another.
- Join a company committed to giving back and generating a lasting, positive impact upon the communities in which we work and live.
- Get paid to pay it forward. Company-paid time off for volunteering for causes you care about.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.