TITLE: Director, Sales Analytics Engineering
BASIC FUNCTION: In this position, you will conceptualize and build strategic datasets for use throughout all of sales operations. Operating at the intersection between the data engineering team and analytics functions, you will be solely focused on developing and building data products that enable and accelerate the acquisition of answers to business questions that demand data analysis. This role requires you to gain a deep understanding of ADPs core sales business, as well as garnering systemic knowledge of the several operational functional groups that make up sales operations. You will anticipate the analytics needs of our analysts, ensuring deliverables are not only complete, but enable analysts to get to their answer quickly and efficiently (often using only WHERE statements). You will be responsible for managing the fiscal year strategic dataset planning and development activities and recommending long- and short-term initiatives. You will partner with Sales Leadership, Sales Finance, Sales Compensation, Resource Planning, and other functional areas within WW Commercial Operations to continue to drive ADP’s analytics maturity.
You proactively identify opportunities to improve data and analytics development processes. You are curious, not satisfied with the status quo, and have a relentless desire to make things better. You help ADP drive sales growth by aligning with stakeholders and showing what’s possible through proactive, targeted analysis and thoughtful recommendations to improve sales productivity based on analytics outcomes.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will play a key role in growing and transforming our analytics landscape
- Design complex strategic data solutions
- In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a variety of data programming techniques
- You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support business intelligence/insights , Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommending data cleansing/quality solutions
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use and recommend data to include in analytical processes
- Incorporate core data management competencies including extensive documentation, data governance, data security and data quality
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and educate end users on complex data products/analytic environment
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for complex defects and incidents and correct as appropriate
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components
- Complex analytical and modeling skills
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and facilitation skills, with the proven ability to drive change across a highly matrixed organization
- A self-starter and owner mentality – you can lead “first time” assignments with no playbook from initial question development to rollout
- Advanced problem-solving skills: identify and diagnose a problem, set up hypotheses, test hypotheses through analyses & discovery, and interpret, summarize, and present findings to drive improvements in business results
- Strong project management skills utilizing project planning solutions (e.g., Smartsheet, MS Project, etc.)
- Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization; a proactive and action-oriented team player
- Deep expertise in prioritization of deliverables and tasks and a proven track record of taking ownership, delivering data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills SQL with data visualization experience (Tableau, etc.)
- BA/BS degree
- 7-10 years experience in sales operations, business intelligence, sales analytics, or financial analysis in a corporate environment
- 3+ years experience managing codebases and writing large, clean, concise, and modular sql queries and stored procedures
- Familiar with Tableau, and/or other data visualization software
- Strong SQL development & code base management experience
- MBA, MS Analytics degree
- Deep experience in data warehouse database internals, data operations, ETL, data warehousing, and distributed data processing frameworks
- 2+ years people management, including coaching and upskilling
- Experience with data pipeline building and management software (ex. dbt, Git, Airflow)
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Compensation range for this role for U.S. Colorado Residents:
- Range minimum:
- Range maximum:
- Compensation type: Salary