Lead Cyber Security Engineer
Unlock Your Career Potential: Global Security Organization at ADP. Do you have a passion for going on the offensive to safeguard critical information? As ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO), we know that our clients rely on us for human capital management solutions, but beyond that, they entrust us with one of their most valuable assets — their employee data. We are honored by this trust and are laser focused on securing data at every step in the information lifecycle, ensuring integrity, confidentiality and compliance with industry and government regulations at all times. From the cloud to the data center and across every emerging device, you’ll join a team of experts in the GSO who are always staying one step ahead in this ever-changing world of data by continually evolving our strategies and technologies to protect ADP and our clients.
As Lead Cyber Security Engineer you will join a highly skilled team providing world-class security program engineering, security consultation and security technology implementation for ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO). This includes global deployment of technologies such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Unstructured Data Protection (UDP), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration, Automation, Response(SOAR), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and Intrusion Detection (IDS) both on premises and across cloud providers.
The Lead Security Engineer will have a deep cross-functional understanding of both logical and physical security supported by practical application. They will be required to interact with the Converged Security Architecture Team, Project Management Team, and global IT Teams to develop and enhance the security program.
- Develop and engineer new GSO security programs and services including defining goals, metrics, roles, responsibilities, process, and technology to support the program
- Develop advanced alerting capabilities based on security intelligence, post incident findings, new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
- Develop new alerting capabilities and coordinate ADP vulnerability assessments based on new threat intelligence
- Partner with GSO teams to identify and implement technology or process improvements that mature our security services
- Improve the operational efficiency of GSO programs and services through product integrations and automation
- Provide consulting to the business and IT to adhere with ADP’s security standards and best practices
- Establish and improve security engineering, deployment and operational processes
- Lead large complex initiatives and challenges presented to the Engineering Team
- Mentor and provide guidance for junior Team members
- 8 years+ experience in security or network architecture/engineering role including designing and deploying security solutions
- Strong analytical skills and cross functional knowledge across multiple security disciplines
- Strong knowledge and working experience with databases and data warehouse technologies and solutions
- Working experience with one or more cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiar with interpreting the log output of a wide selection of network and host device classes (HIDS, NIDS, Firewalls, Proxies, Routers, Switches, WAF’s, Servers, Desktop Controls, Endpoint Protection, etc.)
- Functional experience with text and data representation and manipulation (XML, HTML, Regular Expressions, JSON, REST, SQL)
- Packet-level behavioral familiarity with most major TCP/IP application protocols ( DNS, SMTP, HTTP, BGP, LDAP, IMAP, SSH, FTP, KRB5, DHCP, CIFS)
- Strong working experience with systems automation in a major scripting language (Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience working with SIEM and SOAR solutions
- Working experience with Ansible and Automating tasks
- Strong experience with one or more Database Management Systems.
- Solid project/program management experience
- Creative thinker that leverages unconventional and innovative ideas to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to work independently
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent
- CISSP, GSEC or GCIA
- Any of the following are a plus: CISA, CRISC, CISM, PMP, AWS/Microsoft Cloud certifications
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.