ADP is hiring a Sr. Director – Strategy and Business Development
The Senior Director of Strategy and Business Development will lead in defining the strategy of one of ADPs largest and fastest-growing businesses within our HR Outsourcing business unit. The role will work alongside our executive team that spans across Sales, Service/ Operations, Finance, Benefits, Legal, and Product in defining how we shape the business through growth, profitability, pricing, product, and other initiatives that have a 3 – 5 year horizon. Working alongside the Business Unit President you will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the business, formulating initiatives to address these opportunities, and defining measurable business cases to justify why we should pursue these initiatives. Prior leaders in this role have climbed the ranks of ADP Strategy, taken key leadership positions within ADPs business lines, and have taken leadership positions within the ADP Product organization.
- Manage the strategic planning process for HRO’s portfolio: develop short, mid, and long-term strategies using fact-based analyses
- Lead cross-functional strategy offsite meetings designed to solidify future strategic plans for HRO
- Partner with BU president and functional leaders to build and implement strategies that grow market share and revenue
- Develop compelling content (Microsoft PowerPoint format) that articulates strategic options and enables executive decision making
- Drive market research efforts and track market / competitive trends with a specific focus on potential disruptive threats, changing client preferences, and keys to differentiation and report out on regular basis
- Partner closely with Sales leadership to understand market forces and develop new growth channels and opportunities
- Work closely with Product Management to prioritize technological investment
- Partner with the Service team to develop deeper client insights including analyses of retention, win/loss, NPS, and other relevant dimensions
- Identify business development opportunities and support business case development and partnership negotiations to execute on the opportunity
- Travel up to 25% to support meetings, client and market visits, and business development efforts
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans within ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
To learn more about Client Services at ADP, watch here: https://adp.careers/Client_Services_Videos
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a strategy consulting firm
- Experience developing and evaluating strategies: Identifying and framing issues, developing hypotheses, conducting market research and analyses to test key hypotheses, developing execution plans
- Strong content creation and business story-telling / presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Strong conceptual problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills (financial modeling, basic statistics, regression analyses, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Graduate degree – MBA preferred
- Corporate strategy experience
- Experience in technology, healthcare, insurance and/or the HCM industry
- Comfort with reading and using financial statements and financial/ operational drivers
- Experience managing analysts
- Ability to execute as a sole contributor yet also influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. Alteryx & Tableau) a plus
You’ll love working here because:
- Be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights.
- Belong by joining one of nine Business Resource Groups to connect globally with networks and allies who share common interests and experiences.
- Grow your career in an agile, fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to progress.
- Continuously learn through ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities.
- Be your healthiest. Best-in-class benefits start on Day 1 because healthy associates are happy ones.
- Focus on your mental health and well-being. We’re here to provide exceptional service to our clients, and none of that happens without each of us taking care of ourselves and being there for one another.
- Join a company committed to giving back and generating a lasting, positive impact upon the communities in which we work and live.
- Get paid to pay it forward. Company-paid time off for volunteering for causes you care about.
What are you waiting for?
Apply now! Jobs.adp.com
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.