ADP is hiring a Principal Software Engineer.
- Does the thought of working with leading edge data-oriented technology excite you?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to make your mark?
In this role, you will work alongside other seasoned engineers on solving challenges that were not solved by anyone yet. You will have a chance to use your analytical and coding skills to create a Semantic Layer, using graph and data technologies like RDF, RML, SPARQL/Gremlin and Apache Calcite, and to integrate it with our expansive data set for 700,000+ clients of all sizes for human resources, compensation, talent management, employee engagement, benefits, and more.
Every day, you’ll be coding and taking design decisions. You will be part of an Agile environment, where modern practices for building software are valued and practiced. From concept to code, you will spend your days creating cool Serverless software using public cloud services.
Like what you see? Apply now!
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. A global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more, ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day in the life of a Principal Software Engineer at ADP.
- Agile. You’ll start each day working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities. You might also participate of pair programming activities with less experienced engineers.
- Development. Working with a Kanban board, your daily schedule will be software development, where unit testing and other coding standards must be observed. You may also be responsible for CI/CD pipelines and other DevOps activities related to the services you are building.
- Challenges. You’re comfortable working on products with tech that has never been used before. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution.
- Support. Once your services made its way to production, it will be your role to make sure it is working as expected. You will have the power and the responsibility to ensure all monitoring and resilience measures were taken, so that your creation is successfully putting smiles on the clients faces.
- Learning. We’re always learning new codes and investigating open source communities. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to navigating change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.