ADP is hiring a Senior SDET / Automation Engineer
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
As a senior software design engineer in test (SDET), you will design and build the automation frameworks that enable over 300 developers at ADP to test the large-scale, complex products they’re creating.
Every day, you will work alongside a team of passionate, creative developers to understand the different use cases and complete sprints identified during scrum meetings to tackle problems and discover coding priorities. This role is more than development. We rely on you to conceptualize problems to sort the mundane from the must-haves and build the capabilities that allow customers and coders alike to be productive.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- We’ll start each day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, ID any issues, and communicate coding priorities. You’ll participate in all phases of the Software Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- You’ll design test plans and data, automate test cases, and capture defects for large-scale, complex software systems. Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and coding standards.
- You’ll build and maintain the software testing framework and monitor test performance, always thinking of new ways to simplify and improve our processes. No detail is too small to ignore. Quality matters most. You’ll do regression testing on applications and various software components.
- You’ll design, monitor, and analyze quality assurance metrics, including defects, defect count, test results, and statuses.
- We work collaboratively, so you will collaborate across the organization to complete manual and automated tests to deliver products with efficiency and speed.
- You’re always learning new codes and eager to figure things out as you learn.
BONUS POINTS FOR THESE:
- An advanced degree is not required but could set you apart. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
- Three or more years of SDET experience
- Two or more years of automated scripting experience
- Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
- Experience automating REST API services
- Experience configuring test pipeline in Jenkins
- Experience in one or more Test Automation Frameworks — Cucumber, selenium, Cypress, TestNG
- Ability to write code to package tests into regression test suites
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Effectively Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and can synthesize the results
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.