The Senior Privacy Counsel US & Global Incident management reports to ADP’s Global Chief Privacy Officer and is a key member of the Global Data Privacy & Governance Team. The Senior Privacy Counsel US & Global Incident management is responsible for (i) supporting ADP’s US Business Units with their compliance with ADP’s US Privacy program and Binding Corporate Rules and (ii) ADP’s Global Security Organization (the “GSO”) in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring cybersecurity laws, regulations and standards, and investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Support the efforts of the ADP Global Chief Privacy Officer, the ADP Privacy Team and Privacy Network as well as the Legal department to maintain current knowledge and implementation of applicable privacy and cybersecurity laws in the US, as well as data breach notification and cybersecurity laws and regulations globally.
- Provide guidance to the US businesses and members of Legal Department regarding privacy matters and matters involving security concerns, and assist with privacy/security language for contracts, and administration of ADP’s Binding Corporate Rules.
- Act as subject matter expert for third-party assessments and M&A transactions.
- In cooperation with ADP’s Global Security Organization (the “GSO”), oversee global incident response program, develop, implement and enhance operational incident management procedures. Work closely with the GSO incident management team to handle, manage and resolve data events and GSO investigations.
- Provide guidance regarding data security incidents in determining whether a data breach or data loss has occurred under applicable laws, regulations and contractual requirements requiring external notification.
- Assist with verbal/written communications related to incidents, and serve as the ADP legal representative to third-parties and regulators involved in the data event.
- Support Press Relations/Media team and GSO communications team in data events, including external events impacting ADP.
- Participate in GSO leadership meetings, and provide advice and counsel to GSO with regard to privacy, global converged security programs, security policies, technologies and data protection controls, including vulnerability management program and fraud prevention.
- Provide advice and counsel with regard to use of personal data within security initiatives.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments.
- Support the business unit attorneys with respect to privacy issues in contract negotiations and client relationships.
- Provide advice and counsel to GSO on internal and external communications and trainings related to security. Delivers incident response training to GSO and business unit teams.
- Support GSO and the relevant members of ADP’s Legal Department, with investigations into any suspected data security incident, breach or data loss, as well as government or regulatory investigations or inquiries about the handling or protection of data.
- Administer the tracking and internal reporting process for data security incidents, in coordination with the GSO and ADP’s Legal Department.
- Law degree (Juris Doctorate) from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission in good standing to the New Jersey state bar.
- Significant relevant legal experience (10 years or more), with experience in international breach notifications laws strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and leadership skills at a professional level.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work under pressure.
- Ability to influence and apply analytical skills.
- Must possess a solid academic and impeccable ethics record.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.