ADP is hiring a Project Analyst I. In this position you will be responsible for assisting in a variety of division initiatives including process and procedure re-engineering, product design and development, one-time campaign initiatives, often including both the functional and technical aspects of the project. The Business Analyst is generally responsible for conducting detailed analysis sessions and solution design documentation with taskforce members from multiple business disciplines throughout the TotalSource organization and acts as a key liaison with ADP affiliates or third party vendors in both solution design and execution.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Provides user-oriented, subject matter expertise input into the design and development of new product, features and processes.
- Defines project objectives and gathers business/system requirements with users.
- Develops and documents design alternatives to satisfy user, business, statutory and system requirements.
- Presents alternatives to users and impacted areas to facilitate design decisions and gain consensus.
- Conducts structured analysis according to standardized procedures and prepares detailed analysis documents.
- These documents serve as input to the creation of program specifications, test plans, user and system documentation.
- Conducts QA and testing of change requests and other projects as necessary, presenting final results to users and all impacted areas to obtain sign off.
- Provides assistance to the IT organization by troubleshooting and resolving problems and explores opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
- Maintains a broad knowledge base encompassing the evolving TotalSource application product set.
- Provides information and explanation to users and support functions within the TotalSource environment.
- Participates in the development of schedules by providing estimates regarding individual analysis tasks.
- Assists management in project tracking by providing regular, comprehensive status reports on work progress, effort, etc. relative to strict project deadlines.
- Provides ad hoc reporting assistance as needed.
- Establishes a Pilot plan and solicits Pilot clients through the regions.
- Makes sure Pilot clients and Pilot regions are fully informed.
- Facilitates the Pilot Process & integrates feedback from Clients and the regions.
- Formally rolls out projects to all regions either in person or via webinar.
- Follows up on the rollout process and assures that regions are educated and product deficiencies are corrected in future phases.
- Works on other short duration or one-off assigned projects and/or performs other duties as needed.
- Applies logic and critical thought to basic systems analysis assignments.
- Prepares interview questionnaires and gather and document business requirements.
- Participates in design development and creates and modifies specifications.
- Generally works under direct supervision of a more experienced analyst.
- May work on selected assignments independently within established parameters.
- Generally works under deadlines and is subject to heavy workloads.
- Travel (overnight): 25%
- BA/BS degree (major in Business or Information Sciences preferred) OR technical training equivalent OR an equivalent in education and/or experience required.
- 1-3 years progressive structured analysis or systems analyst experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Multi-Tasking: Responds and reacts to a variety of different critical issues simultaneously.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses and applies professional skills and knowledge in job related areas; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates through knowledge of applicable products and services by correctly answering questions and delivering solutions to meet client and business unit’s needs (Enterprise, WGPS).
- Problem Analysis / Resolution/Negotiation: Gathers information necessary to make decisions; anticipates, identifies, eliminates and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork: Partners with fellow associates, supervisors, and departments: contributes and exchanges knowledge and skills to meet group needs and goals; participates in resolving issues.
- Presentation Skills: communicates with customers and associates professionally and effectively.
- Relationships: Successfully communicates with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Communication skills: Ability to prepare written documentation and use appropriate email etiquette
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, good presentation and communication skills and analytical ability and a considerable aptitude in human relations.
- Proficient in the following (or related) computer programs: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Internet/Intranet. etc.
- Some knowledge of SQL Query and Project Management software a plus
Please check your email for an invitation to schedule a phone screening if you are selected for further consideration.
(Please ensure your email is set to accept emails from ADP or check your Spam folders for emails from ADP – Career Opportunities)
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.