ADP is hiring a Implementation Consultant I. In this position you will provide in-depth consulting services, using advanced functional knowledge, and advanced product expertise to manage implementations consistent with Total Client Experience solution delivery. Consultants collaborate with the clients to analyze existing systems, policies and procedures in connection with client business objectives. They apply industry knowledge, using sophisticated functional and product expertise, to optimize configurations and utilization. Consultants recommend modifications to client systems, policies and procedures to further business and implementation objectives. Consultative professional advice may be fee based, depending on the circumstances.
Consultants have Project Management level accountability. Depending on the scope and complexity of the project, and available staffing, Consultants often act in a capacity equivalent to a Project Manager.
Consultants coordinate with other ADP departments and work as part of an integrated team to address and resolve product, service and client-relations issues that implicate the overall framework, quality and standards of implementation services, and the development of new/revised approaches and techniques. Until the client is transitioned to ADP’s Client Service organization following implementation, Consultants manage the client relationship.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Manages the client implementation process
- Develops and maintains effective, proactive relationships and communications with clients and ADP departments/associates to contribute to a successful overall client experience.
- Conducts project initiation activities.
- Establishes and manages activities towards project milestones independently or in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Communicates continuously with clients and ADP Project Managers regarding project status as necessary to ensure all assigned tasks are completed according to schedule.
- Maintains milestones and project status in ADP Project Management Applications.
- Overcomes client and internal obstacles to timely project completion, and coordinates with other departments as necessary to obtain objectives.
- Participates in formal hand-off of "live" system to other ADP departments.
- Applies implementation process methodology in furtherance of business objectives.
- Manages implementations for specific/specialized product(s) by working with the client to implement solutions that directly impact the entire client organization.
- Analyzes existing client systems, interface requirements, operational needs, etc. in order to counsel client in the functional system design and/or system configurations and/or product adaptation of client’s needs.
- Determines optimal conversion methodology; then documents and delegates the accurate and timely conversion of client’s data to the Data Conversion Services team.
- Builds client control information.
- Oversees integration to both ADP and Non ADP systems.
- Assesses the ideal conversion method.
- Guides client and/or team on functional design and integration into client’s infrastructure
- Consults with client to guide client’s pre- and post-implementation testing of workforce management solutions.
- Monitors system testing during conversion ensuring accuracy.
- Identifies needs and delivers professional consulting services (potentially fee-based) to client including one or more of the following:
- Creates complex custom reports.
- Customizes ADP products/services or modules to meet client needs by understanding the Client’s internal business needs, the Consultant then makes recommendations and provides solutions to meet these needs.
- Provides business process re-engineering recommendations required to achieve a successful conversion.
- Designs and delivers client-defined systems and processes along with tools and/or databases.
- Undertakes special projects related to implementation.
- Consults with Client to develop customized training to meet Client needs.
- Manages assigned business through internal systems.
- Recommends modifications to client implementation time tables based on client or ADP business needs.
- Maintains and expands knowledge / proficiency on function, products, services, and best implementation practices industry-wide.
- Recommends product and service changes to further business development and optimize client satisfaction.
- Provides technical support to less senior Implementation associates.
- Participates in task forces and stretch assignments
- Participates in local activities such as User Groups, Information Sessions, Sales Meetings and all other appropriate activities.
- Mentors, coaching, training and providing technical support to less experienced implementation consultants.
- Acting as a consultant to the client, applies expertise in specialized functional areas (HRIS, Benefits, HR, Payroll or TLM etc) and their systems to advise client on the integration of ADP workforce management solutions into their infrastructure.
- Probes clients to uncover technical direction, business challenges and potential obstacles. Influences a project strategy through functional, technical product knowledge and broader functional system knowledge which integrates customers’ needs with an array of ADP offerings.
- Assesses client’s needs for additional training and services.
- Uses functional area knowledge and industry specific experience regarding project experience to anticipate obstacles and proactively searches for solutions.
- Demonstrates project management skills and strategic communication skills.
- 2-4 years of strong /professional consulting experience in the Functional Area, or sufficient equivalent experience as a practitioner in the "systems-related" end of a professional Functional Area.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in education and experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Progress towards professional certification desirable.
- Mentor new and less senior Implementation associates.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to team members in absence of manager.
- Participate in special projects, task forces and stretch assignments as required.
- At higher levels may be asked to generate new business leads by updating existing clients on new features and enhancements.
- Strong service orientation
- Decisive and independent thinker
- Builds consensus through stakeholder identification and involvement
- Adaptable, able to overcome obstacles through new ideas
- Strong relationship building/networking skills and creates viable networks
- Translates vision into action through appropriate objectives and resources
- Committed to accomplishment through ADP values
- Works Independently
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Positive response to changes in work environment or tasks
- Practices and promotes open communication
- Views situations from multiple perspectives
- Uses time and resources efficiently
- Competent in Microsoft Office Applications including Live Meeting
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills (persuasion, motivation)
- Excellent analysis skills
- Results-orientation/exceeding client expectations
- Organizational skills
- Time Management
- Project Management skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.