At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll(s) for ADP Major Accounts Outsourcing Payroll Administration Clients. Ensures that all payroll, accounting and auxiliary system requirements are met (e.g. W-2’s, tax filing, banking requirements, benefits, stock, and pension record keeping). Performs ongoing as well as quarter-end and year-end audits. Responsible for managing the ADP WFN Payroll system as well as the Time & Attendance process cycle.
— Non-Client Facing Role – not assigned to take inbound calls
— Manages an Assigned Comp Payroll Client Base
— Manages End-to-End Payroll Processing for assigned Client Base
— Works in a shared services model to provide back-up support and workload balancing across the team
— Partners with assigned Payroll Solution Representative to understand Client needs, perform updates and special requests, and resolve issues
— Communicates with Clients for routine responses through Siebel email templates
- Assumes primary responsibility for paying Payroll Administration Client Associates. Reviews and processes all Human Resources and payroll-related Associate data, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, wage changes, transfers, and other changes. Imports external pay files (time and labor management, commissions, etc.) into WFN. Performs pre-production audit for each pay group prior to release. Completes processing cycle for each pay group on release day. Performs post-production maintenance and audit to prepare for next processing cycle. Audits payroll output and provides recap to Payroll Solutions Specialist, including timely distribution of paychecks, within timeframe for resolution of outstanding issues. Utilizes existing ad hoc and standard reports libraries to assist with internal auditing and creates custom reports as needed. Maintains integrity and confidentiality of Payroll database.
- Communicates and provides World Class Payroll Service to Client base located remotely throughout the country. Effectively applies Client payroll policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local tax regulations as well as wage and hour laws.
- Issues and updates manual checks. Proactively works to resolve issues that create the need for manual checks, thereby reducing exposure to penalties and interest resulting from late tax deposits. Timely resolution of outstanding payroll and accounting issues. Performs all quarter-end and year-end audits including file reconciliation, adjustments, and W-2 distribution.
- Successfully integrates newly acquired business units into the WFN. Processes multi-state and multi-jurisdiction payrolls with all levels of complexity. Processes job cost payrolls. Handles pay groups with all volumes of associate transactions. Overall, performs a full range of recordkeeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, retro transactions, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing request for paycheck advances, bonuses and terminations.
- Participates in Payroll testing phase during Implementation along with Payroll Solutions Specialists in preparation for Client Go Live.
- Monitors and manages Client’s adherence to Payroll Timelines and escalates non-compliance to Payroll Solution Specialist.
- Proactively reviews Employee audit reports for effective dated changes, applies entries and prepares Pay Data Grid, as needed.
- Notifies Payroll Solutions Specialist of potential Employee level-tax jurisdictional changes as identified by Symmetry queries.
- Handles highly complex, high-volume Clients
- Meet or exceed all job requirements for Level I
- Process more complex Clients
- Higher number of Clients assigned to them
- SME for level I processors
- Special projects/internal initiatives
- New hire mentor
- Decisions made are based on established processes and procedures. Exceptions are referred to manager or senior team members.
- Errors may result in P&I assessed by the government agencies.
Note: Based on the size of the Client the P&I assessment is directly related to the actual dollar amount processed. Due to the nature of the data, any security breach would put ADP’s brand name at risk. Errors may result in dissatisfied Clients and potential lost revenue to ADP.
- Internal: Partners with Payroll Solutions Specialist to support Client
- External: Communicates with Clients through standard email templates for routine communications
Education: Associate degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or equivalent in education and experience)
Completion of FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification); CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) required.
Experience: At least 5 years of automated multi-corporation, multi-state, payroll processing with in-depth knowledge of payroll tax and accounting principles plus wage and hour laws
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in using PC Strong organizational skills
- Have gained a strong working knowledge of all ADP systems that impact the payroll processing
- Introduce additional features and /or tools
- Management Reports
- WEB services
- I HUB
- Advanced ADP Reporting
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Requires a high-level payroll knowledge including payroll skills for processing Client payrolls. Accuracy and dependability important since errors or omissions can directly impact Client associate paychecks, and errors in reporting can also lead to penalty and interest payments for ADP.
- Minimum 2 years of payroll processing experience required, with knowledge of ADP’s applications including but not limited to WFN experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of payroll tax principles and wage and hour laws
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer interface and communication.
- Must be able to work under time constraints to ensure that deadlines are met.
- PC literate (Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook)
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.