ADP is hiring a Senior Director – Privacy Engineering and Data Governance
The Sr. Director – Privacy Engineering and Data Governance reports directly to ADP’s Chief Privacy Officer. The position spearheads the creation of product privacy guidelines, design review, privacy audits, risk analysis and application-level vulnerability testing across ADP products. The position analyzes software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective and works to embed privacy best practices and legal requirements into all ADP products. The Senior Director Privacy Engineering and data governance develops technical solutions to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and evangelize strong privacy and security design. The position works closely with software engineers, product managers, Security Architects, the rest of the Privacy team, Compliance, legal and policy teams to build new features, and work on critical efforts. The position is also responsible for the management and enhancement of the privacy risk assessment process, as well as the management of the relationship with the ADP Privacy Stewards.
- Design, develop and implement a sound privacy by design program throughout the organization to ensure a better integration of privacy, security and compliance in ADP products and processes.
- Create and maintain the appropriate governance model of the privacy, security and product compliance by design programs to support the development of ADP products (both B2B and B2C).
- Manage complex, sensitive privacy initiatives, and monitor data privacy reviews of global projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders the drafting of policies, standards, communications and training materials as they relate to privacy and security by design.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features leveraging advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or Chatbot.
- Perform regular privacy impact assessments of operational processes and products, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate privacy and security vulnerabilities.
- In cooperation with Global Product and Technology Organization (GPT) and Global Security Organization (GSO), advise on data management processes, systems, and tools.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented within the development phases of all ADP products.
- Work with GPT to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with data product development teams creating new uses of data that employ privacy features.
- Interact with internal privacy program managers, product development teams, security architects, legal, compliance, data privacy and governance teams.
- Analyze, design and provide guidance on program software enhancements for new data streams with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Assist with the management of the data privacy and data protection requirements.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software.
- Interface with developers and architects in implementing big data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets and be compliant with laws.
- Act as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
- Stay abreast of evolving data protection laws globally.
- Manage the relationship with ADP Privacy Stewards (on-boarding and regular meetings).
- In conjunction with the ADP Privacy Stewards, monitor and report to the Global Chief Privacy Officer on performance of privacy activities in the various lines of business.
- Support ADPs Privacy Stewards on business initiatives and ensure compliance with relevant organizational policies and standards. Advise Privacy Stewards on appropriate remediation actions and engage with the ADP Privacy Network to ensure appropriate visibility and escalations to business unit senior management.
- Manage the privacy risk assessments (Privacy Impact Assessments) process, including Data Protection Impact Assessments across the Company and perform privacy impact assessments.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans over the next ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
- BS in Computer Science or MS/MBA in related field of study.
- Privacy and/or Security certifications (CIPP, CISSP and/or CISM) preferred.
- 10+ years combined privacy or security and software development experience.
- Experience with code audits, black box testing and privacy/security design review of diverse products and services.
- Experience with multi-national privacy requirements in a global software development organization.
- Full understanding and prior management of Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
- Interest in both evolutionary and breakthrough security research and development.
- Internationally accepted Privacy, Audit and Security credentials.
- Ability to effectively communicate guidance on complex issues.
- Experience with developing privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Experience with evaluation of sufficient privacy and security controls in business procedures.
- Excellent business judgment, ability to make decisions, and pragmatic approach to problem solving in order to effectuate change.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to work on time sensitive, discrete, sensitive and highly critical issues.
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate with all levels of ADP associates, and external third-parties.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, and possess good organizational skills.
- The position is based in an ADP office in the U.S., preferably in New York City, or Roseland, NJ.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights.
- Belong by joining one of nine Business Resource Groups where you can connect globally with networks and allies who share common interests and experiences.
- Grow your career in an agile, fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to progress.
- Continuously learn. Ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities for even the most insatiable learner.
- Be your healthiest. Best-in-class benefits start on Day 1 because healthy associates are happy ones.
- Balance work and life. Resources and flexibility to more easily integrate your work and your life.
- Focus on your mental health and well-being. We’re here to provide exceptional service to our clients, and none of that happens without each of us taking care of ourselves and being there for one another.
- Join a company committed to giving back and generating a lasting, positive impactupon the communities in which we work and live.
- Get paid to pay it forward. Company-paid time off for volunteering for causes you care about.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.