ADP is hiring a Lead Big Data Engineer.
- Does the thought of working with one of the most comprehensive employment data sets in the US excite you?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you a technologist first and foremost who approaches every problem wearing that hat while going out of your way to champion creativity and build diverse, productive, and engaged teams?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you’ll create data streaming and ingestion solutions that are robust, self-healing and completely automated with minimal or no maintenance overhead.
Every day you’ll develop with tools like Python, Scala and Spark SQL to transform the data from multiple business domains to a unified data model.
To thrive in this career, you’ll bring your hands-on experience building applications that consume large amouts of data from APIs in event-driven applications, working experience in Databricks environment, Delta lake and Spark Streaming solutions from Kafka/Kinesis. You’ll need to have some familiarity with AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Athena, Aurora-Postgres, Terraform). You have the skills to create new solutions using the technologies above. You will use toolsl like Boomi to build embedded integration applications that exchange data with customers securely and build a data model to efficiently work with the customer data. You will coach and mentor junior data engineers with different strengths to solve various problems with different methodologies and analyses. But given the scale of our data sets and the complex problems we give you to solve, you will stay challenged and engaged with years of exciting projects ahead—all while growing your skills and progressing in a rewarding career.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Development. You will simplify and solve complex data engineering and performance problems
- Monitoring. You will be monitoring the data flows, schedules and build automated processes to auto-heal any data disparities..
- Limitless Possibilities. You will continue learning and discovering new ways to leverage ADP data to create new products and services and find more insights. You are passionate about learning and applying new techniques within data science that leads to innovations.
- Collaboration and Communication. You will work with several teams of talented Data Engineers, Application & ETL Programmers, Business Analysts and Data scientists who rely on the stable data platform you are managing.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
Experience that would bring extra comfort in the role:
- Hands-on experience building data driven applications using Big Data technologies and must have written code to retrieve data by invoking external API calls with various authentication modes
- Json parsing programmatical skills with tools like JMESPath etc.. and hands-on with software like DellBoomi/Mulesoft.
- Experience with CDC tools like GoldenGate, Streaming services like Kafka/Kinesis, File feeds (json/csv), and event-driven APIs and 3rd party data connectors.
- Knowledge on Spark DataFrame and Structured Streaming would be a big advantage at work.
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
This opportunity can be primarily virtual with occasional visits to our Parsippany, NJ or Alpharetta, GA offices.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Compensation range for this role for U.S. Colorado Residents:
- Range minimum:
- Range maximum:
- Compensation type: