Here is your opportunity to be part of an integrated, dynamic Finance organization within a Fortune 250 company! ADP is looking for an experienced financial analyst to join its growing Finance team in the Norfolk, VA office. This analyst will contribute to an overall mission to innovate FP&A across the company and drive well-informed business decisions. Our ideal Financial Analyst is someone who marries strong financial and technical acumen with an innovative, collaborative spirit.
The Norfolk Finance Team performs FP&A functions to drive strategic decision making across the company. This energetic team, built on an ethos of teamwork, innovation, and associate engagement, collaborates both with ADP senior leadership and each other to share best practices and optimize the overall understanding of the business’s financials. The mix of enthusiastic, talented analysts and highly experienced management makes for a fast-paced, high-energy and engaging office culture, but one that that still promotes work/life balance. Our analysts serve core FP&A roles, craft deliverables for business partners in the field, and continually present valuable business insights to senior leadership. While the team boasts a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives, it works together under a common goal: Providing valuable, accurate and actionable financial knowledge to all areas of ADP.
ADP is the global leader in Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions, serving over 600,000 businesses in more than 100 countries. ADP provides solutions in Payroll, Tax, Recruiting, Retirement, Benefits and more, helping employers and employees alike with their professional needs all around the globe. At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Creating accurate quarterly financial forecasts using both proactive communication and data-driven modeling techniques that drive business decisions
- Supporting the creation of an annual Operating Plan that aligns with strategic initiatives
- Consistently providing actionable, forward looking variance analysis focused on key business drivers as part of the monthly close process
- Preparing consolidated financial results, such as P&L’s, on a monthly basis
- Performing ad hoc analyses (e.g. deep dive cost studies and strategic business cases) that support management in developing initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements
- Developing new analytical packages and executing improvements in overall FP&A processes in order to simplify and enhance the organization
- Effectively using financial applications to extract, aggregate, and analyze financial data and performance metrics
- Understanding, interpreting and communicating effectively to management and fellow analysts
- Establishing and maintaining business partnering relationships with leadership in your respective field of ADP
What we will expect from you:
- Willingness to learn and effectively perform core FP&A functions
- Proactive and effective communication skills, especially the ability to contribute effectively in team meetings and business discussions
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and individually
- Adaptability to fluid assignment timelines
- Professional acumen that builds trust with business partners
- Strong initiative and organization
What you can expect from us:
- Leaders willing to contribute to your development
- Opportunities for recognition, career growth and maximum exposure to ADP’s senior leadership
- Training to give you the tools to succeed
- Collaborative team environment
- Exposure to the operations and the workings of the world’s leader in payroll and HCM solutions
- Fun, welcoming work environment
- Opportunity to have immediate impact on the business
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Decision Making/Judgment – Uses discretion – evaluation.
- Accountability – Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption and affects the accuracy, quality and validity of an analysis.BS in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- History of strong academic performance
- 1-5 years of Finance experience
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and individually with little or no guidance
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems and implementing business process improvements
- Experience with Excel / MS Office
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.