ADP is seeking an experienced attorney to lead complex commercial transactions for ADP’s newly formed Global Contracts Team. The successful candidate will have a strong business orientation and be responsible for collaborating across multiple business units and product areas including ADP’s National Accounts Services, SmartCompliance Services, Comprehensive Outsourcing Services, Canadian and Multi-Country Payroll businesses. This highly visible role offers the opportunity to negotiate client, strategic and vendor contracts and advise senior business stakeholders, including sales, finance, implementation, service and operations, on contract strategy, legal risk and risk mitigation. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping to drive innovation in the ADP contracting process.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential.
- Utilize balanced lawyering to efficiently and effectively draft, negotiate and close a wide variety of complex national and cross border technology and outsourcing contracts with existing and prospective clients, strategic partners, and vendors under limited supervision.
- Work effectively with sales, finance and business leadership in the United States, Canada, EMEA, APAC and LATAM to reach a successful outcome in contract negotiations.
- Interface with all levels of ADP personnel to advise on contract-related matters and ensure contract terms are consistent with ADP’s business practices, policies and goals (financial, fiscal, strategic, etc.).
- Develop and conduct periodic training on contract terms, ADP’s positions and the contracting process in general for sales and business colleagues.
- Must be able to contribute to, and maintain, ADP’s culture of innovation and growth while effectively managing risk.
- Perform special assignments and projects as directed by the VP, Managing Counsel — Global Contracts Team or other executive leadership.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Candidate must be licensed to practice law in at least one State.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant legal experience, preferably with at least 2 — 3 years at a top law firm and some in house experience, with specific emphasis on contract negotiation, outsourcing and technology transactions, and analysis and management of contractual risk.
- Superior knowledge of outsourcing arrangements, technology contracts, software-licensing, and business law with strong legal analytical ability and judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with associates at all levels of ADP management, external attorneys and business associates of clients, partners and vendors.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be assertive while maintaining a diplomatic and professional demeanor.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage transactions to completion and anticipate issues that may arise.
- Ready to join a highly motivated team where members have each other’s back.
- Some experience with Civil Law legal systems and M&A, preferred.
- Familiarity with data privacy laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws) and the ability to advise on the impact of same desired but not required.
- Must be able to accommodate some travel.
- Temporarily remote; position will be based in Alpharetta, Georgia, Miami, Florida or Roseland, New Jersey.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.