Lead Tech Project / Program Manager SBS RUN
Program Manager responsible for the planning, organizing and managing of activities to bring about the successful completion of projects and programs ensuring commitments on quality and meeting roadmap schedules and milestones.
The SBS RUN Development Lifecycle (SDLC) focuses on Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban. The Program Manager facilitates and partners with Development, Product Management, Engineering, Release Management and other IT teams in achieving their common goals.
● In collaboration with project teams, create and maintain project plans and schedules including deliverables across all impacted areas of assigned projects. Provide oversight and leadership during project execution to ensure alignment with project deadlines.
● Facilitate the team’s progress toward their common goal. Lead essential program meetings to align resources around common objectives
● Facilitate Program level discovery meetings to ensure projects /features are planned out with agreed achievable milestones
● Act as Agile coach when new teams are formed and projects are started.
● Monitor Project /Program risk and assist leads in developing mitigation strategies to meet the project’s & program goals and objectives
● Takes ownership for the project process and communication frameworks including administration of project collaboration tools.
● Proactively identify dependencies and impacts between teams, both Retirement Services and external BUs and ensure all plans align on delivery criteria
● Ensure overall process is adhered to in delivering successful projects from start to end. In collaboration with project teams, ensure teams create and maintain project plans, milestones and schedules including deliverables across all impacted areas of assigned projects.
● As part of our process, teams should track and report project progress of key initiatives to stakeholders and senior management. Teams are to report on status of key initiatives and escalate issues and project /program decisions requiring executive attention.
● Partner with Product Mgmt and Senior Business or IT leadership to maintain product or portfolio based roadmaps that are broken down into executable projects/ feature deliverables.
● Participate in business reviews of the portfolio and maintain budget for the IT portion of the portfolio
● Ensure all teams are aligned with SBS Agile goals and through improvements, look to optimize to advanced levels.
● Extensive commercial track record of experience leading & managing multiple complex projects in agile environments.
● Experience in Lean agile, both Scrum and Kanban
● Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be able to communicate and adapt effectively to different audiences (team, management, executive, business etc).
● Project & Process Management skills, including industry standard project management.
● Experience in Portfolio and Project Management Tools such as Jira, Confluence, Trello and MS Office
● Experience working with offshore teams and project teams distributed across multiple time zones.
● Excellent presentation skills and be able to present project updates in front of small or large groups. Be very competent using tools such as MS PowerPoint.
● Change management experience in a software development environment.
● Experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
● Degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences or related field
● Project Management professional (PMP) certified or equivalent. MUST be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the product development and release management life cycles.
● Certified Scrum Master (CS) certification preferred